Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repairing cracked prop support on Breeze

Reaction score
Is there a way to repair a crack in the prop support, or is this toast now. Is there a certain glue that would hold this or? My concern is glueing it and then having it 300ft in the air and it lets loose and comes crashing to the ground. Anyone have experience with this kind of crack? ThanksIMG_2124.jpg

Is there a way to repair a crack in the prop support, or is this toast now. Is there a certain glue that would hold this or? My concern is glueing it and then having it 300ft in the air and it lets loose and comes crashing to the ground. Anyone have experience with this kind of crack? ThanksView attachment 14557
did you not post this yesterday? Please do not keep re-posting the same issue.
If people can help they will reply. Be patient.

did you not post this yesterday? Please do not keep re-posting the same issue.
If people can help they will reply. Be patient.

No, I just posted about my experience, I did not ask about any repairs options in the first post because I didn’t think there probably was any.

So Ive been mulling on this in my sleep.
You have a few issue?
Location of the crack, not good!
Even if you could repair it with some type of adhesive, it is prone to re-crack. Given this is an area where most of the vibration takes place.
At best it will be a temporary fix.
If you decide to use some other method, such as small amount of fiber or what ever, (inside and out) you would need to do the same to the opposite side in order to counter balance. Maintain (COG)

So Ive been mulling on this in my sleep.
You have a few issue?
Location of the crack, not good!
Even if you could repair it with some type of adhesive, it is prone to re-crack. Given this is an area where most of the vibration takes place.
At best it will be a temporary fix.
If you decide to use some other method, such as small amount of fiber or what ever, (inside and out) you would do the same to the opposite side in order to counter balance. Maintain (COG)

Ok thanks. Do you know if replacing the body is hard to do. I see they sell the shell, but am not a tech guy so probably would mess it up, unless it is easy to do.

The weight difference between using a bit of glue on one side and flight issues is basically nil. I've done a ton of testing with lights and batteries unbalancing the breeze in a LOT of different ways and the onboard sensors/electronics can easy handle grams of difference and 10s of grams if the imbalance is in the main body. Ive even seen the breeze lift 101g of extra weight of a 2200mAh battery during my larger capacity battery tests.

Reactions: PatR
The simple repair would be electrical tape over the area extending a few cm past the crack. If you are concerned about balance, put a similar amount on the contralateral arm. If you are really anal, put a similar amount on all the arms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval