Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repairing cracked prop support

Is there a way to repair a crack in the prop support, or is this toast now. Is there a certain glue that would hold this or? My concern is glueing it and then having it 300ft in the air and it lets loose and comes crashing to the ground. Anyone have experience with this kind of crack? Thanks

CA is your friend. To reinforce put some CA over the crack and some millimeters (1/8 th of an inch) around and cover it with some filler. This filler looks like very fine sand and is made of a kind of glass. After setting blow or brush away excess filler. Repeat this step two or three times. I have made excellent experience with this procedure to mend my various birds.

CA is your friend. To reinforce put some CA over the crack and some millimeters (1/8 th of an inch) around and cover it with some filler. This filler looks like very fine sand and is made of a kind of glass. After setting blow or brush away excess filler. Repeat this step two or three times. I have made excellent experience with this procedure to mend my various birds.

Thank you!

CA is a possibility and an interesting choice especially with a quick hardener and multiple layers. I personally use 5 minute gorilla glue after roughening up the surfaces. Ive made a lot of repairs on breeze parts drones and it has proven itself over and over.That is not a random choice of epoxy. Different epoxies have different characteristics and I've found that this one hardens but still has a bit of give to it which allows it to handle vibration issues better. The plastic shell of the breeze has give to it (it can flex).

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt