Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Replacing Center board

FLDirector19

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have a folding arm that needs to be replaced, as well as the center board.
My question is, the new center board doesn’t come with hardware.
When I unscrew the pin that attaches the arm to the center board, I still need the nut for the new center board.
Can I purchase them anywhere? How can I remove the old ones, and are they reusable? Do I need to ‘surgically remove’ the old ones?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a folding arm that needs to be replaced, as well as the center board.
My question is, the new center board doesn’t come with hardware.
When I unscrew the pin that attaches the arm to the center board, I still need the nut for the new center board.
Can I purchase them anywhere? How can I remove the old ones, and are they reusable? Do I need to ‘surgically remove’ the old ones?
Any help would be appreciated.
I believe I understand what you're referring to. The "center board" is generally called the Main Internal Frame. The frame is available from Vertigo for $25 (plus shipping) and comes with the nuts installed. You may want to check Ebay; I see the Frame and shells are available for auction now. I purchased a replacement frame, which was removed from an H, for $20 delivered. I bought this as insurance after I repaired my broken frame. When the arm broke the attachment point opposite the nut side was broken. Enough of the attaching hole was left to allow me to properly locate and epoxy a small piece of aluminum with the correct size hole to repair the broken section. If you find it necessary to replace the frame I suggest taking pictures at every step of the disassembly.

I believe I understand what you're referring to. The "center board" is generally called the Main Internal Frame. The frame is available from Vertigo for $25 (plus shipping) and comes with the nuts installed. You may want to check Ebay; I see the Frame and shells are available for auction now. I purchased a replacement frame, which was removed from an H, for $20 delivered. I bought this as insurance after I repaired my broken frame. When the arm broke the attachment point opposite the nut side was broken. Enough of the attaching hole was left to allow me to properly locate and epoxy a small piece of aluminum with the correct size hole to repair the broken section. If you find it necessary to replace the frame I suggest taking pictures at every step of the disassembly.
Thanks for the reply.
I purchased this part from Vertigo, however, it came without the nuts installed.

Thanks for the reply.
I purchased this part from Vertigo, however, it came without the nuts installed.
The nuts are embedded in the plastic so you cannot see them. The screw will only go in from one side. The other side has the threads.

The nuts are embedded in the plastic so you cannot see them. The screw will only go in from one side. The other side has the threads.

Thanks, Steve.
The brass nuts that the screw threads into are missing, therefore the screw has nothing to hold onto. I believe I need to purchase those or replace the internal frame that has the necessary nuts.
Tom

IMG_1295.jpgIMG_1296.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1300.jpg

Hi, Steve, just in case I missed something, I’m including some photos. The two with the brass nuts are from the original, the second set is the replacement.

Those are called 'Press-fit' nuts and while you can find them at specialty suppliers like McMaster-Carr and others, the likelihood of it being exactly the same is very slim. In other words you will find them with the correct threading but finding one that has the narrow shoulder and deep barrel and made out of brass may be difficult.

PessIn.png

Also in answer to your question - yes they can be removed, they are knurled on the outside of the barrel so you just need find a way to either press out with a rod or perhaps grab the shoulder with a pair of pliers and begin a back and forth twisting motion and they should just pull right out.

Also in answer to your question - yes they can be removed, they are knurled on the outside of the barrel so you just need find a way to either press out with a rod or perhaps grab the shoulder with a pair of pliers and begin a back and forth twisting motion and they should just pull right out.
Thanks, Ty

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thanks, Ty
HI FLDIRECTOR19,
I would contact vertigo and explain what they have sent and would they mind sending you the correct one with a reshaping stamp if they require the other one returned. This seems unusual from them, as I have had plenty sent to Australia with no problems.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi, Steve, just in case I missed something, I’m including some photos. The two with the brass nuts are from the original, the second set is the replacement.
I've never seen a replacement frame without the brass nuts embedded. I would follow @John Hennessy's advise and get the proper replacement.

I am a bit troubled by the pic on their website. It does appear they may be sending frames w/o the nuts. Very strange.

1570608997048.png

Last edited:
I always pull them out of Old Frames, How many do you need?
Message me with your address & I'll send them to you NC.
[email protected]

Typhoon H480 & H480Pro 11.13.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss