Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to home on low battery?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the breeze will return to home if the battery drops below a certain level? I know my Q500 and Typhoon H will.

Right now i'm capping my flights at 8 minutes for safety sake but would like to go longer.

Thanks

Hey Lost at Sea,
I had issues with the wifi disconnect and my breeze would just hang where it stopped until it reached what I assume to be the low battery level and then would return home and turn off. I also flew it one time until the low battery warning flashed on and I brought it back and told it to land and had no issues. That's about all I can offer except to say that you could call Yuneec, that is the kind of question the phone techs are able to answer for you, but don't expect any great technical help.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: fetyko
Good to know. I thought I read somewhere that it did that, the same as the bigger ones. I'm on a ship right now so cant call them but I will when we hit port.

Many Thanks
LAS

When the Q500 or the H reaches a low battery state, they will auto land. They will not auto return. If you fly until get the first battery warning you should be close to home at that point and not 2000' away. Otherwise prepare for a hike. I believe the Q500 autolands at 10.3 volts and the H at 14.3 volts.

Fair enough, my mistake, AUTO LAND.

However, that does not answer the original question.......

I had issues with the wifi disconnect and my breeze would just hang where it stopped until it reached what I assume to be the low battery level and then would return home and turn off.

Seems I saw that the Breeze will auto return home after 1 minute without control. Low battery - doubtful but I don't know.
My H will not land itself until after the 2nd warning...First warning is at 14.3.

I emailed Yuneec in the US and got a reply back within two hours. The Breeze will return home and land on low battery.

Attachments

• Breeze Failsafe Reply.png
    Breeze Failsafe Reply.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 47
Actually my Breeze doesn't return to home on low battery. It just auto land where it is.
Do yours return to home?

Andrea

In all honesty I have had the chance to try it yet, I've been at sea the last 6 weeks. I will try next week when I get home. Yuneec says it does!!!!!

Hello Andrea,
I am sorry but to tell the truth I got one of the first Breeze's to get into the country and that was a while ago. I purposely did the low battery test to see if it worked and I thought it returned home but I could be mistaken. I only let the battery get to the low battery level once as I stated in a previous post that the breeze should have a battery voltage reading, not a percentage reading because you don't know what they consider the low battery level. Anything below 11 volts is going to shorten the battery life considerably and though it's only my opinion, I think that flying to the low battery level may the reason the batteries are starting to go bad early.

Ron

I repeated the test and my unit does NOT return to home. It lands where it is

Andrea

Hey Lost at Sea,
I had issues with the wifi disconnect and my breeze would just hang where it stopped until it reached what I assume to be the low battery level and then would return home and turn off. I also flew it one time until the low battery warning flashed on and I brought it back and told it to land and had no issues. That's about all I can offer except to say that you could call Yuneec, that is the kind of question the phone techs are able to answer for you, but don't expect any great technical help.

Old Man Photographer
According to the manual, if it loses signal it will hover in place for 1 minute before initiating return to home...I guess to allow you to move closer and regain connection but could not be good if you were on the edge on your battery power!

I played safe. I always hit RTH or manually flew the drone back between 15-20% battery level. I just don't trust how rechargeable battery drains when at 10% or less.

Im sure that Andrea is correct. The one time I let the battery get to the second warning it auto landed where it was at. If you do a RTH at the first warning you should have enough battery to return safely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie