Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to Home on the controller

Reaction score
I really like using the controller to operate the Breeze. But what would be nice is to have the Return to Home feature programmed into one of the unused keys. Anybody have any ideas on why that has not been implemented? Thanks.

PS, just shot and edited my first drone footage. It’s on YouTube here:

Reactions: Dejavu18
Time and money.;)
Think of it this way, cheap car with no power windows no power nothing (Breeze),
average car with power windows but no power seats (Q500),
expensive car with power window, side view mirror controls and power seats (H480),
Very expensive with almost power everything except...... (H 520).:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello guys, i would like to buy a controller for my b4k. But first i would like to know if it will improve the wifi issue(losing wifi connection during flight) im having. Does the controller have a stronger signal/connection or is it still dependant on the wifi connection through the phone?

The controller has no WiFi signal, only Bluetooth. So it will have no effect on range of signal to your Breeze. The controller uses its Bluetooth to connect to your phone.

thought the RTH feature was already on the "Y" button.
Had I remembered that I probably would not have lost my Breeze yesterday. I was 170 feet or so out, lost LOS to a slight foggy background, switched back to 'app pilot mode' and ended up with the drone landing (unseen) with low battery power along the coastline after using some incorrect app input to regain control.
Nice forum..my error...not sure if I'll replace.

Last edited:
Had I remembered that I probably would not have lost my Breeze yesterday. I was 170 feet or so out, lost LOS to a slight foggy background, switched back to 'app pilot mode' and ended up with the drone landing (unseen) with low battery power along the coastline after using some incorrect app input to regain control.
Nice forum..my error...not sure if I'll replace.

Was your mobile device still in contact with the Breeze even though it went into emergencylow power landing? if so extract your logs you the breeze may have sent the GPS coordinates to your phone (possibly)

Was your mobile device still in contact with the Breeze even though it went into emergencylow power landing? if so extract your logs you the breeze may have sent the GPS coordinates to your phone (possibly)
The Breeze log on the controller only has the app devices GPS coordinates during the flight. The drones GPS coordinates must be on the lost drones memory.
Using some spreadsheet manipulations for the last flight plus another 'follow me' flight at a different time with the 'GPS Visualizer' website upload of lat/long text files
GPS Visualizer: Map a GPS data file with Google Earth (KML)
I created the corresponding Google Earth kmz files.

The 'last flight ' Google Earth kmz file shows only my controller position on the left. The lost visual of the drone occurred at a foggy point to the right is measured as shown
Screenshot_20180919-074212.png

A follow me flight, with me holding the controller on a moving device, GPS trace looks like:
Screenshot_20180919-073546.png

The GPS data found in the flight log needs to be divided by 10000000 (one with seven 0's) to represent uploadable lat/long decimal coordinates in a text file.
Spreadsheet users can copy and paste formulas that are applied to flight log GPS data cells. The process of dividing all the flight log's gps data by 10000000 is a single paste event applied to existing columns of spreadsheet cells..... once you get the information into a spreadsheet from the flight log.

For some reason, plugging a USB cable into the Breeze's USB port caused it to be not detected as an external USB drive by my Windows 10 laptop. I was never able to access the drones onboard flight log and using a forum described software to analyze flight data on the drone was never possible
Wifi connected to the app in green led status, a USB cable plug in attempt would turn the led red.
Attempting to USB connect to the drone without the app in had the same result....no detected USB drive on the drone?
After emailing Yuneec about the issue they sent me a download link for a video on how to connect to the Breeze with the app.
I decided I didn't really need access to the onboard flight data on the drone and so I went about flying it for a month.

Last edited:
A follow me flight
On second thought the traced path in my picture looks like the path of the drone in app mode (from takeoff to landing) rather than the position of the controller device (app on phone) on my mobile platform. The controller mode vs app on phone mode observation mentioned elsewhere supports this in terms of recorded flight GPS positions.

The Breeze does not retain flight data. Breeze Cam records all telemetry (when it does its job properly - has a nasty habit of forgetting to record the flight) and stores it in the FlightLog folder.

See this thread Breeze FlightLogs for info on retrieving and reading them.

The Breeze does not retain flight data.

My lost Breeze never was USB accessible.

Plugging in a USB cable into the drone's usb port never produced a recognized external flash drive on a Windows 10 laptop (security issue?).

A note sent to Yuneec returned a link on how to wifi connect the app.

Connecting a USB cable between the drone and the laptop caused the 'green' led on one leg of the drone to turn 'red'.

The Status LED in the leg changing to red when the USB cable is attached indicates that you are connected via the USB port. Were you using the cable that came with the Breeze when using the USB port? Some USB cables only carry the power signal and won't carry data and are only for powering/charging devices. The one that came with the Breeze should work fine (I use a Win 10 laptop and use the USB connection to D/L all the Pics and Videos).

The provided USB cable as well as other USB cables were not recognized by Windows as an external hd. Red led was on at that time. The laptop has USB 3 and USB2 ports. None of the USB ports detected the Breeze, however USB flash drive storage in the ports does work.

That sounds like it had a defective USB port or connection between the micro USB and the SD memory onboard.

You say Yuneec sent info to you on how to connect to the internal SD memory via WiFi? If so, please share with the forum, it would be appreciated.

You say Yuneec sent info

"After emailing Yuneec about the issue they sent me a download link for a video on how to connect to the Breeze"
with the controller

They sent a download link which expired Sept 3.
2018-09-20_16.00.30.jpg
2018-09-20_15.57.49.jpg
The video at the expired link was the same as this Yuneec tutorial video for binding the controller to the Breeze & app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix