Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to home.

Reaction score
I am waiting for my first drone, Q500 4K to be delivered, so I am a complete newbie. Something I could not seem to find out, will the drone automaticity return to home on low battery power. If not how low should I let it drop before using RTH

It will not return on low battery. The pilot must plan the flights so that the aircraft is close to home when the battery is low. You should be landing when the voltage reaches 10.6 - 10.7 volts. After the motors are shut down the voltage will rebound to around 11.4 volts. That is the perfect storage voltage. Don't recharge them until you plan to fly again.

If you plan to use the Return to Home function you must allow enough battery power so it can fly all the way back. There is no magic number because altitude and wind can make a great deal of difference. You will find the right combination with experience. Be sure to set your return to home altitude.

Also, remember when using the Home function, the Q will fly straight back to the ST10 location and will land about 10-15' from the controller in the line of flight. It does not land where is was launched. The controller is always home. If the Q is North of you, the Q will land 10-15' North of the controller. If the Q is East of you, the Q will land 10-15' East of the controller.

Reactions: Jafo and CrazyKn
We should mention that RTH shouldn't be the primary way you tell your craft to come back to you because there are circumstances where that won't work (GPS loss), which could cause a flyaway if you initiate it when that is the case. Much better to learn to fly ASAP and bring it back under your own control !

Reactions: CrazyKn
How do you set the RTH height? I didnt see this in the GUI.

We should mention that RTH shouldn't be the primary way you tell your craft to come back to you because there are circumstances where that won't work (GPS loss), which could cause a flyaway if you initiate it when that is the case. Much better to learn to fly ASAP and bring it back under your own control !

So in a loss of gps and not being able to control the Q500, how can a pilot turn the gps off and fly in acrobat mode???

By default it will go to angle mode and will not have any GPS stability such as hover and no auto braking. I think you can turn off GPS but I can't remember how it's done.

By default it will go to angle mode and will not have any GPS stability such as hover and no auto braking. I think you can turn off GPS but I can't remember how it's done.

From what Ive gathered its in the flight controller menu settings...IMO if I had been able to reach that in a timely manor, I feel like that would have been my only hope in my situation. I had zero control, and as if commands were coming from elsewhere...return home was me throwing in the towel w limited time before landfall where people/cars/traffic may have been.
As I understood it til just recently rth IS THE failsafe.
How else would we be allowed to fly it? Is there another failsafe built in?
And Ive had zero use for it since my first flight, this was it.

That is my point, really. If an ESC is failing you cannot fly it. The flight controller will ignore any user input. It is busy trying to level the aircraft which is impossible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop