Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to Home.

Reaction score
With the R T H mode land the H Typhoon on the last GPS location. So the location where one has taken off.
But if one moves to another location, does that then become the new landing location?

With the R T H mode land the H Typhoon on the last GPS location. So the location where one has taken off.
But if one moves to another location, does that then become the new landing location?

This is a better user manual for the TH/TH Pro. It will give a lot more info and is an extended version of the Yuneec published manual.

The answer to your questions about Home mode (RTH) start on page 31.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 86
Isn't it within seven meters of ST16?

Reactions: Typhoonpilot
I was referring to its safety feature it lands within seven meters of the controller not like some which return to within a few inches of take off point.

Reactions: Typhoonpilot
This is a better user manual for the TH/TH Pro. It will give a lot more info and is an extended version of the Yuneec published manual.

The answer to your questions about Home mode (RTH) start on page 31.
User manual should be renamed "The Bible"

Home Mode the GPS connectivity will fly back Typhoon H in a straight line in the direction of the pilots’ current location, and automatically land within 13-26 ft (4-8m)

from the original manual

never let mine land on its own as most times i am on uneven ground or by water, with in the landing distance so need to be in control of where it lands have started to hand catch as well
but do use the rth on the odd occasion and switch back to angle mode to land it

Reactions: Rubik
Also, it should be noted that whatever your RTH is set at, the drone will travel towards the ST16 while climbing to that set altitude. It will not go straight up to that altitude and then start towards the ST16. This bit of info can make a significant difference!

Also, it should be noted that whatever your RTH is set at, the drone will travel towards the ST16 while climbing to that set altitude. It will not go straight up to that altitude and then start towards the ST16. This bit of info can make a significant difference!
that depends on whether or not avoidance is on or off if off it will go strait up if on it will go up and travel towards you

I have only flown out of range once. I don't remember, how do you regain control of the H before it lands?

User manual should be renamed "The Bible"

I printed it out and put it at the back of my logbook, so it’s always available in the field. I also have the PDF on my iPad and iPhone as well, but it’s easier and more convenient to have a paper copy.

I have only flown out of range once. I don't remember, how do you regain control of the H before it lands?

Switch back to Angle Mode and have at it.

I have to disagree with that statement.

I have never seen a Yuneec product perform in this manner. Those products encompass the Chroma, Q-500, Typhoon H, and 920 Plus. If below RTH height when RTH is activated they rise straight up to RTH height before initiating lateral movement. If at or above RTH height when RTH is triggered they remain at that height and fly back to home point. That pattern has been consistent across the models I mentioned.

At some point then, it’ll be close enough that it’s re-established connection so you can take control. If it flies all the way back and lands while you’re trying to control it, you have other problems.

Just because the video looses connection doesn’t mean that control has been lost. I’ve lost video before, but can still see the aircraft and control it just fine.

I’ve never tested this, but supposedly, with OBS on and Realsense installed, it will ascend to the RTH altitude, or descend to it. This is the only mode (OBS on, RS installed) where it will descend to the RTH altitude if above it. All others will either climb to it, or, if above, fly back at that current altitude.

This is all per the Greatly Enhanced Typhoon H Bible. I’ve never tested it myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin