Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Revised - Now looking to repair Typhoon H w/ Real Sense (and H Model Production Update)

Reaction score
After some consultation and advice from the group, I'm going to try to repair the H before I replace it. Thanks to those who answered the call. I'll stay in touch once I see which way it's going.
Original Post - Hey all, have a damaged beyond repair Typhoon H, but still have all my peripherals. I'm looking for a replacement. Would prefer just the aircraft, but finding one without the complete kit isn't that easy. Will consider the full meal deal if the price is right. If anyone has one for sale let me know.
As an FYI side note, there has been ongoing conversation about the future of the H. I was on the phone with Yuneec USA yesterday looking for the replacement. I was told that the H is not discontinued, but Yuneec USA will not have any stateside until the end of the year. Whatever stock vendors and resellers have is all that is currently available.

Last edited:
I will do that. I've seen your name thrown around in the classifieds on this topic. I guess you don't have anything right now.....

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Or not. Need 10 posts to qualify for classified privileges. I guess lurking in the shadows and just reading doesn't get me there.

I sold my Typhoon H a couple months back but that is the only thing I have sold in the classifieds. I have seen Typhoons come up for sale quite often and there are some good deals. I suspect when the New H3 comes out there will be another set of flyers putting theirs up for sale. Yeah, gotta have ten posts to make an add in the classifieds but I 'll chat with you here to build your number. That was done so guys don't just use the forum to sell stuff plus as you make more posts people find out more about you and that builds trust which is a good thing when you're buying off a forum like this.

It’s a “family” type thing. Members that have been here participating for a while develop trust. They don’t visit to make a quick sale and disappear, but remain available to converse with people that have bought something from them. They generally aren’t trying to make a living off their friends, but help them out or re-purpose equipment no longer being used.

Hey all, have a damaged beyond repair Typhoon H, but still have all my peripherals. I'm looking for a replacement. Would prefer just the aircraft, but finding one without the complete kit isn't that easy. Will consider the full meal deal if the price is right. If anyone has one for sale let me know.
As an FYI side note, there has been ongoing conversation about the future of the H. I was on the phone with Yuneec USA yesterday looking for the replacement. I was told that the H is not discontinued, but Yuneec USA will not have any stateside until the end of the year. Whatever stock vendors and resellers have is all that is currently available.
Do you actually use the RealSense?
Do you have any pics of the damaged H?
Do you need the camera as well as the H?
Where are you located?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Probably more likely a non RS model will come along, if you can live without it, it will make you a better pilot in the end by not having to rely more on the copter to save your mistakes.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
Hey all, have a damaged beyond repair Typhoon H, but still have all my peripherals. I'm looking for a replacement. Would prefer just the aircraft, but finding one without the complete kit isn't that easy. Will consider the full meal deal if the price is right. If anyone has one for sale let me know.
Yuneec used to sell 'bind and fly' TH's where someone could just buy the aircraft unit alone and bind to it with their existing ST16. I see that you have spoken with Yuneec USA so I imagine that you spoke to them about a 'bind and fly'.

Concerning whether the TH is discontinued. The consensus is that Yuneec has discontinued the TH but just aren't admitting it. Of course, we who believe that could very well be left eating our hats, but methinks my hat is safe from my false teeth.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
You may want to post a WTB ad in the classifieds as those who are no longer flying ie, possibly selling may only look at that section and might not see this.
I have my H Pro for sale with Carolina Dronz in Anderson SC. If interested, contact them. I also have a H Plus and may be selling it too. Just too many drones.
Bill Dunnuck

Do you actually use the RealSense?
Do you have any pics of the damaged H?
Do you need the camera as well as the H?
Where are you located?
[/QUOTE889]
I've never used the RealSense. I'm guessing it's more for the sportsman if you use follow me mode. I use it 95% for work so I dont have any real use for it. Just wanted to replace like for like, but I dont have a problem going without it if something is available. Need the camera also. I'll post pics when I get back in the office on Monday. I'm in Louisiana.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yuneec used to sell 'bind and fly' TH's where someone could just buy the aircraft unit alone and bind to it with their existing ST16. I see that you have spoken with Yuneec USA so I imagine that you spoke to them about a 'bind and fly'.
Concerning whether the TH is discontinued. The consensus is that Yuneec has discontinued the TH but just aren't admitting it. Of course, we who believe that could very well be left eating our hats, but methinks my hat is safe from my false teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
The consensus is that Yuneec has discontinued the TH
If we use the Q500 history as a guideline, the H will be around for a long time.
Regarding your needs, the camera is the most difficult to find. I have a couple of spare H bodies. But a limited number of cameras.
What did you do with the crash parts?

I have one for sale. Backpack & both remotes, plus about 15-20 additional blades, & 2nd battery.

If we use the Q500 history as a guideline, the H will be around for a long time.
The Yuneec Uk website no longer lists the Typhoon H as available to buy. It has been removed. Surely this is a reasonable indicator that it has been discontinued.

We only just got a resupply of Power 4 batteries in the U.K. after almost six months of not having any available to buy from Yunnec UK or U.K. re-sellers...and that resupply of batteries appears to be batteries manufactured a few years ago (I know coz I ordered one that was delivered last week with a 2016 date). Again, it doesn't look good for the TH.

I respectfully disagree that Q500 history can be used as a guideline but, again, I am prepared to eat my hat if I'm proven wrong. Indeed, I hope I am wrong but I fear not :(

I respectfully disagree that Q500 history can be used as a guideline but, again, I am prepared to eat my hat if I'm proven wrong. Indeed, I hope I am wrong but I fear not :(
Haha......I am confident the H is out of production. So was the Q500 but it continues to be sold. I suspect the H will continue to be on the market for a very long time. The problem will be repair parts.

Amazon still seem to be able to get them from their extensive warehouse, but they are running out-of stock eventually. A couple of weeks ago Yuneec removed the H and just list spares now like other discontinued copters in the range. If you want spares, grab them while you can.

Regarding your needs, the camera is the most difficult to find. I have a couple of spare H bodies. But a limited number of cameras.
The camera is the worst off. It's a goner. Broke off one side of the landing gear at the top screw. Two of the folding arms are broken at the hinge. Lots of cracked plastic on the body. I'll post pics tomorrow or Monday and maybe someone can tell me if it's worth rebuilding. Since I need a new camera I figured it would be cheaper to find a replacement bird and use this one for parts. Regarding the H being discontinued, I touched on it in my original post. If Yuneec tells me it's not out of production but they won't have any until the end of the year, that makes me think they use the same production line for the H/Plus/Pro and they're building other models and the H won't get a turn until later.

Wouldn't make sense to have three models in production. It's had it's day, a very good run too and established the model, quite revolutionary at it's launch, but now there are better models now in the Plus and upcoming H3, I suspect it's running down stocks of parts which aren't standard across the range. But no mistake it's still a capable system which still holds up to the new wave of copters. But they have to move on it laid the foundation for future upgrades.

I have a low use camera I could let go of. It was obtained for use on a 920 but I could pop one off an H when I have need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech