Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Roadkill"

Reaction score
I'm now the owner of a roadkill 500. Lol. Long story short, drone was crushed by a Chrysler Pacifica. My question for you esteemed holders of knowledge is what is the white triangle in the nose one connected to a 4 wire, Black wire bundle? See pic.IMG_20190617_000020659.jpegIMG_20190617_000858387.jpeg

If the compass is not in the correct position, the copter will fly erratic, uncontrollable. The screws must be antimagnetic, Yuneec uses one brass screw. The other point is nose/hole to fix the white holder.
Q500_innen04.jpg
You have to switch off the GPS support to get back control if compass is not correct mounted. Don't try in GPS mode!

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
Upon further examination, the plastic is cracked so will be replaced if bird is rebuilt. Thanks he

Blessed and highly favored. The person that ran over "Roadkill" has replaced it with a refurb and 12 month warranty. Question is, when I connected the charger to charge the battery, had flashing green to start, then flashing red (charging), but 20 seconds later had both red and green flashing lights. Considered it may be charger so I connected it to a known good charger with same results, red and green flashing lights. Quickly disconnected battery. Should I reconnect and try to charge, or could it be a battery problem? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

After 15 minutes charging: 12.01
S1: 4.047
S2: 3.919
S3: 4.047.
Seems to be charging correctly now, but both lights still blinking.
Will let charge another 30 minutes or so and recheck it then, keeping an eye on the case.
Things that make you go hmmm

Reactions: Steve Carr
It can take a up to a couple of hours to charge on the OEM charger.
Cell 2 could be a problem. Just have to keep an eye on it.

I suppose since the drone came with 12 month warranty, I'll try to get them to send me another battery. At least the original battery in Roadkill wasn't harmed in the accident

And yes so far S2 is charging .10 behind other two. Let's see if it balances when full . Thanks

It may be okay. When you do a test flight I suggest removing the camera and so some low flying over grass. Watch the voltage and land when it gets to around 10.6v. Watch the voltage after the motors are off and see how much it rebounds and also how much flight time there is.

Ok, after first flight w/o camera and low and slow, flew 20 minutes down to 10.6 bolts. Upon landing and shutdown of motors battery recovered to 11.1. Checking the cells all three read within .02 vs .10 last night. Connected to charger and in 20 seconds both red and green lights blinking. Few minutes later, only the red is blinking, green is out. So apparently when both lights are flashing, charger is balancing. So appears all is good. But when I connect the ST10 to PC, no recognition. Do I need to read the sd card directly with the adapter to PC, or isn't PC supposed to recognize the 10 as another drive? You guys have been so much help previously, thought I'd ask this noob question. Thanks, Ink

But when I connect the ST10 to PC, no recognition.
You may have to install the driver using the link on the opening screen of the GUI.
However, there is not much to see when connection the ST10. You should install an 8 or 16GB sd card under the battery to record telemetry, assuming there isn't one there now.

It sounds like the battery will be usable. The flight time will go down quite a bit when you fly with the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan