Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ROI, need clarification

Reaction score
Yuneec said "the area of interest (ROI) allows the user to define a point of interest for which the camera will remain focused on the manual flight or mission"
Certainly, I understood very well the operation of the ROI in Mission, I arrive there and with several consecutive ROI.
BUT can a charitable soul on the forum explain to me how to put an ROI on a manual flight and to be able to gravitate to it.
For example, Concentrate on a castle and be able to gravitate around it while keeping the focus. Because in this case I prefer manual flight less jerky than the mission.
Thank you.

Yuneec said "the area of interest (ROI) allows the user to define a point of interest for which the camera will remain focused on the manual flight or mission"
Certainly, I understood very well the operation of the ROI in Mission, I arrive there and with several consecutive ROI.
BUT can a charitable soul on the forum explain to me how to put an ROI on a manual flight and to be able to gravitate to it.
For example, Concentrate on a castle and be able to gravitate around it while keeping the focus. Because in this case I prefer manual flight less jerky than the mission.
Thank you.

A very interesting point and I see quickly powerful utility. In flight when you press the screen, apart from the function "Go to location" and the option "Orbit at location" a new function that is simply "ROI". Just ask the height and from that moment the camera will aim at that point at all times allowing us to fly freely.

Claudius I think that for now you can not, but I think it is a simple and very interesting function. I don't know how difficult to implement it will be, but with your permission I'll add it to the wish list ?

I'll stick my thumbs up high for this feature to get modified as described above. And that is how I let myself understood how the ROI function should have been worked. Give location and elevation and the camera would stick focused there no matter how much the flight elevation and distance from this selected point would alter during flight.

Why announce it possible in manual flight?
This must be possible certainly.
I think through datapilotplanner. We create a mission with a single ROI. We launch the mission. Since there is no waypoint, it will not take off. To see if by taking off manually, he will focus on this ROI.

Or we create a mission with the King and then a single waypoint. we launch the mission, the aircraft will take off and stop at the waypoint pointing to the ROI. Since there is no second waypoint, the device can continue in manual, but will you keep the focus on the ROI?
Unfortunately time is passing the storm next week and I could not test.
But is it a solution?

In order for the camera to aim at that point at all times, it must know the position of the aircraft at all times and make the corresponding calculations. It is not the same in a mission where it is known beforehand where the aircraft is and where it has to point the camera. The problem is that the flight control has enough power to process these data in real time.

Claudius I think it's not the solution, it's a lot more complicated than that, but it would be a spectacular function ?

Reactions: fullnoise uav
Why is Yunnec always falling behind, it's amazing and fast. He has powerful equipment and a **** software
This function exists at Litchi, I can use it on the Inspire. It would be great to have it on the H520 because I find it more agile to maneuver.
Arruntus, I put the extract of the focus function on the Inspire and you will see that it is well established.
This is a function that would be handy for the inspection also keeping the focus on the object and gravitating around.

So it's not impossible .....

Last edited:
Impossible with the tools we have now, but it is possible of course. With a bit of luck they implement this function as well ?

Yeah, but it's been hanging around for a year and a half without much progress.
We always have a h520 that turns around with hiccups.

Yeah, but it's been hanging around for a year and a half without much progress.
We always have a h520 that turns around with hiccups.

We already have the NO. Let's look for YES, it doesn't cost money and if you really want to have a competitive platform, this type of functions, that few have, makes the difference.

@arruntus
Avé,
A significant advance.
A little test just now in my garden (too much wind to put the propellers).
The first thought I had in the post before works but to see further in real with the propellers.

You create the misson with your point of interest (ROI) that you have chosen (with its altitude). From there, you upload the mission to the H520.
Both sliders of the camera must be at the top.
You come back to datapilot. The camera is already pointing in the direction of your ROI. (The ROI I chose was the neighbor's tree (8m with 6m given to the ROI) .The H520 was towards me with the camera too.It turned automatically to point towards the tree and with the pitch towards the high because I am lower than the 6m.
The slider is at the bottom of the screen to launch the mission. So the mission went well from the Groudstation to Datapilot and the camera took into account the ROI given to the Groudstation. First positive point.
Second positive point: The slider is active, it arms the engines but without the propellers, it stops then (test in the garden). He can, I think, therefore launch the mission. In this case, I also think that the takeoff is going to be manual since there is no first point to go and the flight is to happen in manual and the misson will stop when the landing will be done and the engines stopped.
Stopping engines send the message, Want to leave the mission in the drone or remove it.
So my ROI generated a loadable mission in the H520.
I note that the camera remains active even the mission stopped on the ROI as long as it is not removed from the H520. I walked the garden up and down with the H520 turning it in all directions and the camera remained magnetized on the tree without leaving it. The ROI is very active and precise.
The only way to remove that focus from the camera is to lower the "Roll Switch" in the middle and then put it back up.

It remains to take the test in full nature.
I think I'm on the right track .....

Last edited:
You're a phenomenon. Besides, it makes a lot of sense. Something to try in flight to see if the flight controller is able to maintain the ROI :)

Very good work, thank you ?

Just one thing

because I am lower than the 6m
In this you've made a mistake, you're much bigger than 6 meters :D

P.S.: In the mission it is not necessary to create a take-off. You can launch the mission in mid-flight so that one command mission, the ROI, would be perfectly correct. It seems to calculate the position in real time. As long as you don't abort the mission by changing the flight mode, or the camera mode, as you say, it should remain active. We have to do tests.

You're right for the 6 meters , I have big toes .............15640

As soon as possible (fall of wind and rain), I try outside. 15641

If you have a more serene time, you can try. Attention only the King in the mission.
Even though a King and then a POI to get to the place might also be able to walk. See maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop