Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Roter issues

Reaction score
So last summer i crashed big time and had to wait to get parts. Now that i have everything installed and replaced i am getting warnings from my controller saying 5 roter flight engaged. Land immediately. Its not the same roter every time. All but 2 arms and moters have been replaced. Upon lift off the roters lerch and make wierd noises. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ransier

Check to see if the motor hubs are out of round. The magnets inside the motor need a specific amount of clearance. if they are bent and out of round they will have a so called flat spot (Dead-No signal) in the electrical field and will give a false reading of 5 rotor mode. basically telling the on board monitors that one motor is not working.

Last edited:
So last summer i crashed big time and had to wait to get parts. Now that i have everything installed and replaced i am getting warnings from my controller saying 5 roter flight engaged. Land immediately. Its not the same roter every time. All but 2 arms and moters have been replaced. Upon lift off the roters lerch and make wierd noises. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
@Ransier It would really help if you stated which aircraft you crashed and have performed repairs on. Both Typhoon H series and Q500 series will give that error when there are motor problems (sharing of fragments of code).

Last edited:
@Ransier,
You mentioned "Its not the same roter every time."
That is a typical occurrence for a Typhoon H if you start motors without propellers mounted, and then try to increase throttle. Under those conditions, what you see is completely normal for a Typhoon H. Just turn the drone off and back on, the problem will clear.

It is not normal for a Q500, so we really need to know what drone you are talking about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval