Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rubber damper loose on Typhoon H

Reaction score
I have a brand new Typhoon H , never been flown. I noticed that the camera was hanging a bit uneven, so removed the camera and gimbal and sure enough one of the rubber dampers has come out of it's socket hole. I saw a Yuneec video on how to install it back on a different model, but the typhoon H d has the hole covered. How can I do this?

There is a top plate that can be gently pulled off of the gimbal mount... that will reveal your corresponding mount holes. also note that it is normal for there to be only 2 retaining pins in opposite corners.

Reactions: mexsailor69
There is a top plate that can be gently pulled off of the gimbal mount... that will reveal your corresponding mount holes. also note that it is normal for there to be only 2 retaining pins in opposite corners.

Thanks for your reply! It did not seem like the top plate would pull off so I grabbed the flat base of the rubber damper with a hemostat, squeezed and pushed it through. It seems to be fine now. I did notice that only 2 corners have the retaining pins

I remove that dust cover and leave it off. Just pull the bottom lip on the front and back to remove it. Then put some fishing line thru the 2 holes that don't have the pins. Leave the line loose enough so it doesn't restrict the damper movement. That will help hold the gimbal together if you have a hard landing.

Reactions: rdonson
Use the forum search function to find hundreds of threads describing this exact issue, and precisely how to deal with it.

I used small zip ties , seems to work okay . I also thought about making a safety wire from the gimble base to the H so the camera at least does not go fly away.

I remove that dust cover and leave it off. Just pull the bottom lip on the front and back to remove it. Then put some fishing line thru the 2 holes that don't have the pins. Leave the line loose enough so it doesn't restrict the damper movement. That will help hold the gimbal together if you have a hard landing.
Thanks for your reply!

Mine also came without retaining pins, so it now has zip-ties through 2 of the damper balls to prevent gimbal separation.

Mine also came without retaining pins, so it now has zip-ties through 2 of the damper balls to prevent gimbal separation.
Without any at all? The standard is two in diagonally opposing corners (you don't get 4). Without any at all is unusual to say the least.

BTW. This is not unique to the H480. Drones manufactured by other companies follow the same standard.

Interestingly, my H also arrived with one corner of the gimbal detached and only 1 corner had the retainer bit and O ring !
I used the floss technique to get that one back in, and have had no problems since, but reading what I do here I shall be deploying some fishing line quick smart !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval