Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Runaway Drone

Reaction score
While hoovering at 150ft my Breeze suddenly took off at a high rate of speed and crashed three houses down, smashing into trees before hitting the ground. It happened so quickly I couldn't even hit the kill switch.
Any idea as to what went wrong. Drone has less than 6 hours flying time and was recalibrated prior to final flight.
Thanks

When the battery runs low or WiFi signal is lost, Breeze will return home or just it just lands from where it is. On RTH, first it flies up to the preset altitude, straight back above take off point then it descends rapidly, it slows down upon landing. Your battery might have problem.
On my second breeze, one of the included two batteries was bad, it discharged quite rapidly flying while the other three batteries gave a good 10-12 minutes of flying. It's a good idea to hover at low altitude once in a while to check the batteries' performance as they get old.

When the battery runs low or WiFi signal is lost, Breeze will return home or just it just lands from where it is. On RTH, first it flies up to the preset altitude, straight back above take off point then it descends rapidly, it slows down upon landing. Your battery might have problem.
On my second breeze, one of the included two batteries was bad, it discharged quite rapidly flying while the other three batteries gave a good 10-12 minutes of flying. It's a good idea to hover at low altitude once in a while to check the batteries' performance as they get old.

Battery was fully charged, drone flew off at a high rate of speed (20mph at least).
Something malfunctioned internally

Breeze seems to lose wifi connection up high. Especially if your right under it. Repeated attempts to fly mine above 100 feet resulted in losing wifi connection. Flying at high altitudes gets hairy, below 80 feet have had no problems since I got mine last October. Also suspect it is picking up interference from other wifi signals at higher altitudes.

I noticed when flying mine before I got the controller, if your hands are on either end of the phone which they have to be you actually block signal. Try it next time if you are able to, just remove the hand next to the ear piece. Also a phone case can and will do the same. I remove mine when I fly and also put it on airplane mode.

I had similar issues with my phone (LG G6) due to the way the WiFi was used. My phone had the option to switch from WiFi to Data mode if it detected that internet was unavailable on the phone. Since the Breeze is technically a WiFi signal without internet access, my phone would connect then disconnect to join mobile data. This resulted in the Breeze going into RTH mode and becoming uncontrollable.

Disabling my phone's "Connect to Mobile Data if internet unavailable on WiFi" fixed the issue for me completely. Make sure your phones don't have something similar. It's likely the culprit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval