Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sad Ad from CarolinaDronz

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just received a very sad advertisement for H accessories from CarolinaDronz. It starts out with a "special" deal for a "2-pack" of Ultrax 6300mA batteries. The price of the 2 pack has been "marked down" from $179.99 to $159.99. Worse, the add states the user might gain up to 8 minutes additional flight time by using them.

Just got word from Frank at Caroline. It's a sad situation indeed. It seems the price he pays as a battery dealer is maintained higher that what Gens-Tattu sells them to the public for. Those private messages people get from "Betty" or some other name requesting people make a post about the batteries being available, giving the person posting an additional 10% off when they place an order, is the battery distributor under cutting their distributors.

Last edited:
I just received a very sad advertisement for H accessories from CarolinaDronz. It starts out with a "special" deal for a "2-pack" of Ultrax 6300mA batteries. The price of the 2 pack has been "marked down" from $179.99 to $159.99. Worse, the add states the user might gain up to 8 minutes additional flight time by using them.

Just got word from Frank at Caroline. It's a sad situation indeed. It seems the price he pays as a battery dealer is maintained higher that what Gens-Tattu sells them to the public for. Those private messages people get from "Betty" or some other name requesting people make a post about the batteries being available, giving the person posting an additional 10% off when they place an order, is the battery distributor under cutting their distributors.
That would appear to be the case. Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Hexacopter as of 2:20 MDT today. I bought 2 a couple weeks ago direct from Gens-Tattu and with the additional 10% off for an order over $100, the total with free shipping was $93.40 (46.70 each).

Typical of the hobby.

Indeed Charlie, the practice goes all the way back to the 70's when Tower/Great Planes started selling consumer direct and consistently undercut their brick and mortar dealers. It became much worse in the late 90's to the present where Chinese manufactures placed order quotas on dealers and if you missed your quota the makers would set up a new dealer in the same area.

Doesn't happen only in the hobby business. Have a friend that runs an accessory shop for motorcycles. He had to refocus what he did because of the same practices of some of his suppliers.

Gens Tattu sells the batteries in Europe too. They have their own webshop for it.

Over here one pays 85,99 euro (= 102,31 US dollar).
Odd, and having to pay double price feels a bit unfair.

That would appear to be the case. Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Hexacopter as of 2:20 MDT today. I bought 2 a couple weeks ago direct from Gens-Tattu and with the additional 10% off for an order over $100, the total with free shipping was $93.40 (46.70 each).

Good Morning BeeRAD56
That's all well and good, But all do respect . It you want to keep your sUAS safe you should buy from a dealer OEM part's only '' after market in most cases they are lower quality , A lot of us have some pretty expensive equipment and are not willing to take that chance on battery problem as in Fires , Shorts and battery locking Failure at 400 Ft , And keep in mine that when we need Tech support are Dealers are there so lets do are part and support our nearest dealer .
And no i am not a Dealer
Have a good day
David C2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio