Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Samsung 64GB card for camera

Reaction score
I saw a thread about SD cards in the H Plus and read of problems with Samsung cards so I'm posting my experiences.
I received this today:

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

It was $12.99 before taxes. I didn't know if formatting was required before installation so I Googled. I didn't see anything about formatting so I just installed it. After the ST16 recognized the camera a Failure to initialize message was briefly displayed. Then I recorded 5 seconds of video as a test. I removed the card and I checked in my computer and the 5 second video looked fine.

I saw a thread about SD cards in the H Plus and read of problems with Samsung cards so I'm posting my experiences.
I received this today:

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

It was $12.99 before taxes. I didn't know if formatting was required before installation so I Googled. I didn't see anything about formatting so I just installed it. After the ST16 recognized the camera a Failure to initialize message was briefly displayed. Then I recorded 5 seconds of video as a test. I removed the card and I checked in my computer and the 5 second video looked fine.

@jandjfrench you have a Typhoon H, correct? If that is the case, there have been not been issues with the CGO3+ camera that you have. The issues you have read about have been compatibility issues with the C23 camera and Samsung cards.

@jandjfrench you have a Typhoon H, correct? If that is the case, there have been not been issues with the CGO3+ camera that you have. The issues you have read about have been compatibility issues with the C23 camera and Samsung cards.
Thanks for the clarification! I do have an H Pro and would have felt bad if I had led someone with an H Plus astray. I wasn't aware of the extent of the problem with Samsung cards.

Thanks for the clarification! I do have an H Pro and would have felt bad if I had led someone with an H Plus astray. I wasn't aware of the extent of the problem with Samsung cards.
@jandjfrench
I've had this Samsung for 21 months, never any issues until I lost the micro card.
MB-MP64DAAPC.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix