Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Phone Doesn't Work with Breeze

Reaction score
I bought the S5 Mini because it supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WIFI channels . Bit it won't communicate with the Breeze Controller AND there is a 40 second delay in showing the live video. Any way to fix this?

I've read that some Iphones (!) only work with the Breeze Controller when the smartphone is set to Airplane mode. Maybe a similar issue with the S5 mini?

Maybe you could check this?

Mind you: the phone communicates with the controller through Bluetooth; not through wi-fi. Please check that too ...

Airplane mode did not work. There is still a 45 second delay in the live video and I keep getting the "Disconnected from Controller" warning message.

I remembered that I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT I8200N) lying here, and I checked/tested it on that.
I can connect to the Breeze via wifi (I did not fly), but when trying to connect the controller to the phone I get a short pop-up screenmessage "...@_@..." and then a black screen. The app basically crashes. Maybe it's the Android version?

FYI: I'm using the Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) with my Breeze now, and that combination works just great!

Last edited:
I bought the S5 Mini because it supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WIFI channels . Bit it won't communicate with the Breeze Controller AND there is a 40 second delay in showing the live video. Any way to fix this?

Refer to this thread How To: Tell if my phone, tablet, or pad is compatible with the Breeze?.

The S5 mini doesn’t support 802.11ac, but may connect on 802.11a which is the early version of the 5GHz WiFi standard.

The trouble with the controller is that it takes Bluetooth 4.1 or higher although some later equipment with Bluetooth 4.0 will work.

My old iPhone 5c works on WiFi with 802.11a, but crashes when connecting to the controller on Bluetooth 4.0. The iPhone 5S has the same comm specs, but works flawlessly.

Video lag on older Android devices can be horrible and FPV impossible with them. The lag when I use my Fire 7 tablet is atrocious, but when connected to the controller it gets better because the processor can offload touch screen control to the Breeze controller.

Reactions: SnitserNL
I remembered that I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT I8200N) lying here, and I checked/tested it on that.
I can connect to the Breeze via wifi (I did not fly), but when trying to connect the controller to the phone I get a short pop-up screenmessage "...@_@..." and then a black screen. The app basically crashes. Maybe it's the Android version?

FYI: I'm using the Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) with my Breeze now, and that combination works just great!
I can't find a Galaxy A3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval