Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Saudi Arabia oil facilities ablaze after drone strikes

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm picking there wasn't a Yuneec, DJI or Parrot UAV used for any of these strikes missions. :eek::eek:

I go back to an earlier post I submitted around the word "drone". A Collins dictionary definition for this word when used in reference to an aircraft is "a pilotless radio-controlled aircraft used for reconnaissance or bombing" . Let the military claim intellectual rights to that word, while we all stick with the mnemonic "UAV". It has a much softer tone when used in spoken language (English) and steers away from the constant media hysteria, intended on perpetuating the "anti" sentiment.

Happy and safe flying. :cool: :D

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm picking there wasn't a Yuneec, DJI or Parrot UAV used for any of these strikes missions. :eek::eek:

I go back to an earlier post I submitted around the word "drone". A Collins dictionary definition for this word when used in reference to an aircraft is "a pilotless radio-controlled aircraft used for reconnaissance or bombing" . Let the military claim intellectual rights to that word, while we all stick with the mnemonic "UAV". It has a much softer tone when used in spoken language (English) and steers away from the constant media hysteria, intended on perpetuating the "anti" sentiment.

Happy and safe flying. :cool: :D
I've always been a bit uneasy with the use of the word 'drone' when applied to the sort of things that we fly. This to the point a few years ago when if asked by anyone passing me by while I was flying: 'Is that a drone?' I would answer something like: Where? I better land my UAV until it's gone'.

But 'drone' is now so entrenched in people's vocabulary when referring to our machines that I have given up arguing the difference. To me, 'Drone' is a military aircraft used in military actions, not a thing that we love to fly, but to save me from going blue in the face with argument I'll just go with the flow these days.

I've always been a bit uneasy with the use of the word 'drone' when applied to the sort of things that we fly. This to the point a few years ago when if asked by anyone passing me by while I was flying: 'Is that a drone?' I would answer something like: Where? I better land my UAV until it's gone'.

But 'drone' is now so entrenched in people's vocabulary when referring to our machines that I have given up arguing the difference. To me, 'Drone' is a military aircraft used in military actions, not a thing that we love to fly, but to save me from going blue in the face with argument I'll just go with the flow these days.
Don't give up.
'They' become the winners when you do. ?
Like mine, your voice may just be a squeak in the wilderness, but it will be heard! ?✌

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem