Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SC-4000 Beep Codes

Reaction score
Is there a listing for the beep codes on the Typhoon charger ?
I suspect the battery is failing and have ordered replacements.
WHen I charge it indicates charging/balancing cells with a RED then Green LED followed by
a beep at 5 sec intervals.

The log does show voltage fell below 14.4 when the Red Warning came up on screen and at which time I could not shut motors off when on ground the drone fell on side flipped and broke one prop.

Not sure if I want to put air until I get fresh battery

Attachments

• Telemetry_00017.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
It would be best to check individual cell voltages first, of course. But mine did that occasionally when there was nothing really wrong. If you have not already done it, unplug battery, unplug charger for a few seconds. Plug charger back in and wait till it is ready, then put the battery back on and be sure it's all the way in. It might work.

Reactions: Steve Carr
An inexpensive digital voltmeter from the Walmart Automotive dept will help you keep track of the battery voltage including each cell and the total voltage when fully charged.

The easiest way to avoid a tip-over: When hovering several inches above the landing point, press and hold the red button until the aircraft lands and shuts the motors off. This is critical when landing in the wind, on non-level ground, in deep weeds or on snow/sand.

Ok i did that seemed to work as normal red/green blink no beep for about 1 hour then
went to flashing Blue with beep. According to what is printed on charge that mean error not much of a diagnostic error were battery or charger.

Is there a alternate charger I can buy to go with the new GiFi batteries I ordered?

I just powered up again shows 16.7 is there a file that stores the individual cell info ? All the data I see
does not have that info on total value IE temeltry (has total)

Thanks yOu for Help

An inexpensive digital voltmeter from the Walmart Automotive dept will help you keep track of the battery voltage including each cell and the total voltage when fully charged.

The easiest way to avoid a tip-over: When hovering several inches above the landing point, press and hold the red button until the aircraft lands and shuts the motors off. This is critical when landing in the wind, on non-level ground, in deep weeds or on snow/sand.
That is what I was trying no wind held down several times drone just kept jumpimg in air a couple inches I have made 10 landings without any problems stick down to ground hold red button this just showed up once. I was landing from 50ft about 20 ft off ground and the red voltage error came up in center of screen like the other day that I posted. I have voltmeter not sure how to test individual cell is there a diagram?

Thanks

The red button landing will only work when the H is hovering above the ground. It will not work if the H is touching the ground and bouncing around.

Battery cells:

Battery.jpg

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thanks I will test is there a list of ranges for cell? On landing you are saying hover down to a few inches from ground and hold red for a couples seconds. I have been touching down and then pressing red

The battery shown in Steve's post is for the older H not the H Plus. Here is a good and inexpensive charger but you will also need the proper leads for your batteries. The charger can be found on Amazon and Bangood etc.
HTRC T400 Pro DC 400W AC 200W 12AX2 Lipo Battery Charger Discharger for LiPo LiHV LiFe Lilon NiCd NiMh Pb Battery - US Plug

Thanks I will test is there a list of ranges for cell? On landing you are saying hover down to a few inches from ground and hold red for a couples seconds. I have been touching down and then pressing red
The cells should be very close, within .02v is normal. For example 3.85, 3.84, 3.85, 3.83 (for storage charge).

So I'm confused by the battery voltages you listed above. Is your bird an H480 or an H Plus?

On the H480, you would hover then press and hold the red button. Don't let go until the motors stop. It lands itself and shuts down the motors.

On the H Plus you don't need to use the red button. The H Plus shuts off as soon as it touches down. If you need to kill the motors you have to press the red button 3 times in rapid succession.

Reactions: DoomMeister
It would be best to check individual cell voltages first, of course. But mine did that occasionally when there was nothing really wrong. If you have not already done it, unplug battery, unplug charger for a few seconds. Plug charger back in and wait till it is ready, then put the battery back on and be sure it's all the way in. It might work.
Sorry to barge in on your post. 1) my Gifi battery has been unused for 3 months, now gets blue light flashing and a beep about every 5 seconds. Done taking out and switching charger of may times, no differance. 2) where do I measure the volts for individual cells?Thanks

Sorry to barge in on your post. 1) my Gifi battery has been unused for 3 months, now gets blue light flashing and a beep about every 5 seconds. Done taking out and switching charger of may times, no differance. 2) where do I measure the volts for individual cells?Thanks
See the photo in post #6.
Put the common lead on terminal F and positive lead on terminal E to measure cell 1. Then E to D, D to C, and C to B. If you have LiPo cells they should be at 4.2 V at full charge and if you have LiHV cells for the H Plus or H520 they should be at 4.35 V at full charge.

A side note: does @IronSky1 have an H Plus or the H480? I still haven’t been able to determine which from his posts.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval