Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Scam on Amazon

Reaction score
Hi all: I am new to the forum ...so this may have previously been addressed.
I am going to purchase a Typhoon H...while searching, I found a very low price posting on Amazon of $700.00
It says it is a new bundle Complete with Real Sense. Here is where it for fishy...it states to to send an email prior to making the purchase . Even through I was Leary .... I sent the email.
To make a long story short...I was emailed back a very convincing email from Amazon saying that I should pay with an Amazon gift card. I immediately forwarded this email to Amazon.

Hi all: I am new to the forum ...so this may have previously been addressed.
I am going to purchase a Typhoon H...while searching, I found a very low price posting on Amazon of $700.00
It says it is a new bundle Complete with Real Sense. Here is where it for fishy...it states to to send an email prior to making the purchase . Even through I was Leary .... I sent the email.
To make a long story short...I was emailed back a very convincing email from Amazon saying that I should pay with an Amazon gift card. I immediately forwarded this email to Amazon.
Can you post the link please.

He keeps removing then re-listing the drone. The listing is currently down...he took it down just after I told him that I am sending this information to Amazon for verify..but I'm sure it will not be down for long!
Below is the email that I was sent...looks convincing doesn't it...
I have removed my personal information from it...

8b9x3Lj.png

Order Confirmation
Order #203-9945795-8566732
Hello,
Thanks for your Amazon Marketplace order with Samuel Nathan. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.
Your estimated delivery date is indicated below.

Arriving:

Sunday, July 02
Tuesday, July 04

Your delivery option:

Express Delivery

Your order will be sent to:
@@@@@@
United States

Order Details
raw

Yuneec TYPHOON H RTF Drone with Intel RealSense Technology Ultimate Bundle - Backpack, 32GB Memory, 3 Batteries, Wand, One Year Warranty Extension and More

Condition: New
Sold by:Samuel Nathan

$600.00

Item Subtotal: $600.00
Postage & Packing: $00.00

Order Total: $600.00
Selected Payment Method: Amazon Gift Card

Any invoices that are not paid within 24 hours will expire and your item will no longer be reserved.

kQJ3zaA.png

948073334cfa47ebafad_1.gif
Payment Details
To complete this purchase you need to buy an Amazon Gift Card in the value of $600.00

How to complete the payment
To purchase your Amazon Gift Card please follow our instructions as detailed below:

Complete Gift Card details

1. Here you can find Amazon Authorized Retailers for Physical Gift Card (s) near your location:
https://www.amazon.com/b/r ef=amb_link_1?ie=UTF8&node=135 82391011

2. To order a gift card or a gift voucher (ONLINE) please follow this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Ama zon-1_US_Print-Gift-Card-Print /dp/B004KNWWO0

3. In the ‘Enter Amount’ field input the amount you want to buy.

4. ‘Message’ field: Leave this field empty.

5. Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’. Once you have placed your order, your Amazon Gift card claim code will be emailed to you immediately.

jOo9T9v.jpg

Information and instructions about order:

To confirm your payment, please reply back to this email with the following details:

1) Amazon Gift Card Claim Code
2) Gift Card Value
3) Screenshot (Photo) of the Gift Card and Receipt

Do Not Redeem or verify Amazon Gift Cards (code)- Must Be Unused

Amazon Payments - Guarantee Protection

We guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via Amazon Payments. Customers who pay for purchases from Amazon Marketplace via Amazon Payments are eligible to receive all amount of the purchase price, including delivery charges.

Please note! Do not redeem this Amazon.com Gift Card to your Amazon account!

©2017 Amazon Payments, Inc. or its affiliates
Amazon Payments, Inc. | 410 Terry Ave N | Seattle, Washington 98109-5210

He keeps removing then re-listing the drone. The listing is currently down...he took it down just after I told him that I am sending this information to Amazon for verify..but I'm sure it will not be down for long!
Below is the email that I was sent...looks convincing doesn't it...
I have removed my personal information from it...

8b9x3Lj.png

Order Confirmation
Hello,
Thanks for your Amazon Marketplace order with Samuel Nathan. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.
Your estimated delivery date is indicated below.

Arriving:

Sunday, July 02
Tuesday, July 04

Your delivery option:

Express Delivery

Your order will be sent to:
@@@@@@
United States

Order Details
raw

Yuneec TYPHOON H RTF Drone with Intel RealSense Technology Ultimate Bundle - Backpack, 32GB Memory, 3 Batteries, Wand, One Year Warranty Extension and More

Condition: New
Sold by:Samuel Nathan

$600.00

Item Subtotal: $600.00
Postage & Packing: $00.00

Order Total: $600.00
Selected Payment Method: Amazon Gift Card

Any invoices that are not paid within 24 hours will expire and your item will no longer be reserved.

kQJ3zaA.png

Payment Details
To complete this purchase you need to buy an Amazon Gift Card in the value of $600.00

How to complete the payment
To purchase your Amazon Gift Card please follow our instructions as detailed below:

Complete Gift Card details

1. Here you can find Amazon Authorized Retailers for Physical Gift Card (s) near your location:
https://www.amazon.com/b/r ef=amb_link_1?ie=UTF8&node=135 82391011

2. To order a gift card or a gift voucher (ONLINE) please follow this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Ama zon-1_US_Print-Gift-Card-Print /dp/B004KNWWO0

3. In the ‘Enter Amount’ field input the amount you want to buy.

4. ‘Message’ field: Leave this field empty.

5. Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’. Once you have placed your order, your Amazon Gift card claim code will be emailed to you immediately.

jOo9T9v.jpg

Information and instructions about order:

To confirm your payment, please reply back to this email with the following details:

1) Amazon Gift Card Claim Code
2) Gift Card Value
3) Screenshot (Photo) of the Gift Card and Receipt

Do Not Redeem or verify Amazon Gift Cards (code)- Must Be Unused

Amazon Payments - Guarantee Protection

We guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via Amazon Payments. Customers who pay for purchases from Amazon Marketplace via Amazon Payments are eligible to receive all amount of the purchase price, including delivery charges.

Please note! Do not redeem this Amazon.com Gift Card to your Amazon account!

©2017 Amazon Payments, Inc. or its affiliates
Amazon Payments, Inc. | 410 Terry Ave N | Seattle, Washington 98109-5210
Reminds me of the "African/Congo Prince" scams that use to be around. I loved messing with them. Hopefully I will find the add and do it to this guy. It's the small things in life that give me pleasure. :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
OZ Medical Supply just posted used like new one up for 700 bucks but they have a 99% positive feedback with over 6000 ratings.

He is hacking into listers with positive feedback.... The latest is OZ Medical Supply....this should be out first clue....a medical supply company that sells drones.
Here is hi latest listing....notice he states that you should email him prior to the purchase...that's when he sends you back the email saying to purchase a gift card.
Here is the link:
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro 4k Collision Avoidance Hexacopter GCO3 4K Camera Kit, Wizard Wand, Bag, Propeller Set, Battery, Polaroid 32GB Micro SD With Adapter Bundle

Here is hi latest listing....notice he states that you should email him prior to the purchase...that's when he sends you back the email saying to purchase a gift card.

Hmm...that particular one is not with RealSense.
Also notice how he's trying to fool Amazon's robot filters.

So...how am I to know ir a listing is legit or not? I wonder if they can post scam listings without saying to email them first?
Scary... I am wondering if I should just go to Best Buy to purchase my Typoon H in person?

B&H Photo
Vertigo Drones
Carolina Drones
And this forum's classified

All good reputable dealers. You may pay a few dollars more but you wont loose many.

I agree. @FlyingLow, if you are ready to purchase, check first with Vertigo Drones. They may still have the temporary reduction that Yuneec authorized for Friday. Like TC said, all 3 are reputable.

Hello to all, I am very new to the world of drones and am planning to buy a Typhoon H but am very confused by the ads from a variety of companies selling the drone. That is why I reply to this particular thread. It seems like there are many versions of the Typhoon H, Typhoon H Pro, with Intel RealSense, or not mentioned in the ad, ST16 Transmitter or ST16+ and the list goes on...
I was hoping one or more of your experienced members could help me with better information so I would not buy and old or refurbished or "needs upgrades" model of the Typhoon H drone. I have seen an ad at Costco.com for what seems to be the most up-to-date model but answers to these questions would help me make an informed purchase. For me it's not about paying the lowest price, just about getting the most up-to-date and correct model. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the Costco.com ad: Costco Wholesale

All typhoon H models are basically the same, the pro version has an extra sensor called RealSense, and also has the crafts' antennae are in small tubes next to the Legs. The Controllers are also basically the same except the ones that come with the "Pro" Version and the Extra battery, wand and Backpack Version come with all three Antennae on the top of the Controller while the base level model has its third antennae inside.

The true difference is in the Packaging from various Sources. In your link it looks like an H Pro which comes with Wand, Extra Battery, RealSense and Backpack PLUS they are adding a set of FPV Goggles and the Simulator on a USB Drive.

Most Sources for the H sell Three levels of it and if you find the thread about the big sale last week, you'll see a psoting showing the three packages that are at most retailers.

Be sure to spend some time and price out those extras at various places to help give you a more in depth knowledge of the value of the packages, B&H currently has their Pro for 1499.00. The USB Simulator is around 40.00 and the goggles will add 250.00 So I suspect your Costco Cost would be around 1,700.00 or so if it were a lot less it may be a good deal, IF - you feel like you need those extras.

Bottom line, I would spend some time researching before you pull the trigger. Find out what each component in a given kit does and decide if that something you will need or use. This forum has a wealth of information and knowledge, before purchasing I studied this forum for about a month and was able to find, and get, exactly the kit I wanted at a good price. And Finally, Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer like the ones listed above and you won't have to worry about getting scammed or buying a refurbished model. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: djkelly57
All typhoon H models are basically the same, the pro version has an extra sensor called RealSense, and also has the crafts' antennae are in small tubes next to the Legs. The Controllers are also basically the same except the ones that come with the "Pro" Version and the Extra battery, wand and Backpack Version come with all three Antennae on the top of the Controller while the base level model has its third antennae inside.

The true difference is in the Packaging from various Sources. In your link it looks like an H Pro which comes with Wand, Extra Battery, RealSense and Backpack PLUS they are adding a set of FPV Goggles and the Simulator on a USB Drive.

Most Sources for the H sell Three levels of it and if you find the thread about the big sale last week, you'll see a psoting showing the three packages that are at most retailers.

Be sure to spend some time and price out those extras at various places to help give you a more in depth knowledge of the value of the packages, B&H currently has their Pro for 1499.00. The USB Simulator is around 40.00 and the goggles will add 250.00 So I suspect your Costco Cost would be around 1,700.00 or so if it were a lot less it may be a good deal, IF - you feel like you need those extras.

Bottom line, I would spend some time researching before you pull the trigger. Find out what each component in a given kit does and decide if that something you will need or use. This forum has a wealth of information and knowledge, before purchasing I studied this forum for about a month and was able to find, and get, exactly the kit I wanted at a good price. And Finally, Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer like the ones listed above and you won't have to worry about getting scammed or buying a refurbished model. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Thank you Ty Pilot for the outstanding and rapid response. All good advise. I appreciate your having checked the Costco link and confirming my expectation that it is the Pro model. The price they give for members is $1,499 including shipping and an extra year warranty. Looks like a good deal. I think I am going to be very happy with it and also very interested in everything I an reading on the forum.
Happy Independence Day Holiday to you and all!!

Thank you Ty Pilot for the outstanding and rapid response. All good advise. I appreciate your having checked the Costco link and confirming my expectation that it is the Pro model. The price they give for members is $1,499 including shipping and an extra year warranty. Looks like a good deal. I think I am going to be very happy with it and also very interested in everything I an reading on the forum.
Happy Independence Day Holiday to you and all!!
My advice is not to go for a Typhoon H Pro, with Intel RealSense just because it looks so good. What I mean by that is that all Typhoon Hs are essentially the same. The main thing that makes a Typhoon H a pro version is the inclusion of RealSence which makes it more expensive. But do you need RealSence? Do you expect to be flying in areas with lots of obstacles, or indoors? If not, then you would be better getting a Typhoon H Advanced which still has sonar based obstacle avoidance and save some money. If you do later identify a need for the RealSence then you can add it at that time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1