Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the maximum size micro-SD card (GB) that the Typhoon H Pro will handle? I see cards from 16GB to 256 GB available but didn't find any specs for the drone or camera or controller that show a min/max for SD card.

From most posts I've seen, I'd say a majority of people stay at 64GB as a max. Myself, I have
two 32 GB cards, so I always have a backup in case one craps out.

BTW, keep the 16GB card that came with the H... it's the best for use with the ST-16 if you
are doing firmware updates. Move all the files off of that original card to your computer.
You will need an empty, newly formatted card to help ensure a successful FW update.

Last edited:
As long as it's a U-3 rated card, put what you wish in the TH. The best current price point is becoming the 64 cards. Couple months ago the 32s were the best buy. Progress, evolving tech.:)
Based upon my own experience, I recommend staying with a known brand. The format they come with works fine.

I use a 64 GB Samsung Class 10, UH3 Micro SD card and it works just fine. However, I discovered a weird thing about using this card. When I formatted it, there were only two choices, exFAT and NTSC.

When I take still photos, it has a time stamp that is 8 hours earlier than the actual time I took the picture. It also shows the current time, less the one hour that Yuneec has never gotten fixed. When I take video, the only time it shows is the 8 hours prior to the actual time when the vi deo was taken.
Otherwise, the card is just fine.

I also use a 32 GB Micro SD card that does display the actual time when taking either still or video, minus that one hour that we all have lived with since getting our Typhoon H copters. When formatting teh 32 GB cards, it has three choices: FAT32, exFAT & NTSC.

Just something else to ponder about, but no flight problems in either case.

I've used up to a 128 gig card in the camera. Waste of money being used with the H. Serves much better in my DSLR. Since then I've stuck with a 64 gig, and of course set aside the card the H comes with for firmware updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22