Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card for Tx?

Reaction score
so I read that any card will do, does the card need to be formatted?
It can't go in completely blank can it?

You can format it from the Android settings in Pad. A 16 GB card is fine to use.

Does the Tx need a micro card to work?
Can the drone be flown using the st-10 without a card in either the Tx or camera?

I think you can tell I'm kinda new to this end of the hobby,,,,,,

It will fly and show onscreen video without them.
In the camera it is needed to record video and photo.
In the transmitter it records flight data which can be critical for determining the cause if anything goes wrong.

I'm sorry for sounding very newbi but all this is very new tech for me.

Ok, so i've searched a bit and found 32gb FAT32 micro cards on Amazon, would they work for both the Tx & drone cam without reformatting?

They will certainly work for the controller, except you don't need it that large. The camera can be a finicky about the cards if you want to record video at high resolution. Do a forum search and you can find lots of information. I don't do much video, and am not a good source for that info.

Thanks, this is going to be a steep learning curve,

Looking forward to this project.

More questions, about other things on this quad,

It is also advisable to fly the aircraft without the camera until you get used to flying and landing it. Once you get a few flights under your belt, then add the camera.

It is also advisable to fly the aircraft without the camera until you get used to flying and landing it. Once you get a few flights under your belt, then add the camera.
Wow. That is probably the MOST important thing to point out to a new flyer. And I flat forgot to mention it. Please consider me to be in complete agreement with @DoomMeister's post

LOL,,,,
have you got any knowledge of the GIFI 7500mAh batteries for these q500's?

I agree. The camera is very sensitive and hard to repair. The drone on the other hand is quiet robust and very easy to fix. If you practice a little without camera the risk of expensive damages is a lot smaller.

Yeah, I was going to do a few flights first without it on there.

And this isn't my only bird, but thanks for the tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss