Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card Format for CGO3

Reaction score
I recently acquired the Q500 and am attempting to clear the card for the CGO3. My computer says "not formatted." I know this card was last used on a Mac laptop. I am running Windows. Is it ok to use Windows' format for the camera's card? Will the camera automatically recognize the format and write to the SD, or is a different format required?

Thanks!
Benji
Portland, OR

It is actually preferred that you use a Windows Computer. Just make sure it is FAT32 Formatted. Camera will have no problem with the card formatted in a Windows computer. You might want to download this software. It is a good piece of software to use when formatting your cards. It will do a complete wipe of the card if you instruct it to.

SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association

Reactions: Mr.Music777
If the SD card you are talking about clearing is the one that came with the Q, and you're putting it into the camera you might want a better quality SD card for your videos..... just my 2 cents!

If the SD card you are talking about clearing is the one that came with the Q, and you're putting it into the camera you might want a better quality SD card for your videos..... just my 2 cents!

Hi there. New here and have a Q500 that should be delivered on Tuesday. I assume that the supplied SD card would be sufficient for recording telemetry on the the ST10+?

I have a 32GB class 10 card I was planning on using in the CGO3.

Hi there. New here and have a Q500 that should be delivered on Tuesday. I assume that the supplied SD card would be sufficient for recording telemetry on the the ST10+?

I have a 32GB class 10 card I was planning on using in the CGO3.

Yes, it's just recording data. Your 32GB sounds good for the camera. Happy flying!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech