Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card in St 16 controller

It is primarily for transferring files if you need to copy something from the ST16. If you wish to review pics or video you have taken press the arrow at the bottom right side of the screen.

It's your telemetry to send to Yuneec when you crash, in hope of convincing them it wasn't your fault.

Yes, you can watch the videos from your cam in pad mode from SD-card or any other mp4 video (I did not test other formats). Also you can hear mp3 music in pad mode.

There is no need to fiddle around with SD-card to download FlightLog, Saved models, FPV-video or mission data. All this can be accessed via USB cable - much easier and faster.

During flight the SD-card must not be in the ST16 slot. Android has a problem with SD cards which may slow down apps. No problem for a phone, but big problem for flight control. Never leave the SD card in the ST16 when you go fly. My recommendation.

br HE

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can watch the videos from your cam in pad mode from SD-card or any other mp4 video (I did not test other formats). Also you can hear mp3 music in pad mode.

There is no need to fiddle around with SD-card to download FlightLog, Saved models, FPV-video or mission data. All this can be accessed via USB cable - much easier and faster.

During flight the SD-card must not be in the ST16 slot. Android has a problem with SD cards which may slow down apps. No problem for a phone, but big problem for flight control. Never leave the SD card in the ST16 when you go fly. My recommendation.

br HE
Really, never heard this one but thanks if it works.

Bear in mind the H cannot be flown in Pad mode. Flight Mode is disabled when the Pad is enabled. If the H is airborne when the Pad is enabled all flight control is terminated and the H will return to the last known position of the ST-16 and hover until Pad is disabled and link is regained.

br HE

First I've heard of this, I've been flying with a card in my ST16 with no problems (so far?). What exactly is the issue, and exactly how does it manifest? I was under the impression that the ST16 pretty much just ignores the card, unless you're actually using it for FW updates or telemetry downloads. Thanks.

Dave

Dave,

For all intents and purposes an empty card in an ST-16 is bypassed unless and until user command inputs tells the system to use it. However, if the card contains any stored content ST-16 processes could be slowed down because the system will be constantly reading the card. In essence the processors would be looking at the card contents asking what is this? Where, when and how do I use the data?

If there is no card in the ST-16 there can be no conflicts. Best practice would be to not insert a card until the card was needed for a data transfer and remove it before the next ST-16 power up.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Dave,

For all intents and purposes an empty card in an ST-16 is bypassed unless and until user command inputs tells the system to use it. However, if the card contains any stored content ST-16 processes could be slowed down because the system will be constantly reading the card. In essence the processors would be looking at the card contents asking what is this? Where, when and how do I use the data?

If there is no card in the ST-16 there can be no conflicts. Best practice would be to not insert a card until the card was needed for a data transfer and remove it before the next ST-16 power up.

Will do, and thanks for the explanation, Pat. Later.

Dave

br HE
Have it download directly from the H via USB and then convert csv to xls. very easy. But what do the columns mean "fsk_rssi" (-63 for example?), altitude in meters? (2678 is curious), "tas" (7362235?). Thanks

All I know is described here in Appendix:

fsk_rssi is the signal strenght the receiver in the copter got. -63 means -63dBm, wich is good. -90 is bad, -30 perfect good.
All units are metric, altitude in meter.

Forget Excel. It destroys data and tries to interpret the values but usually wrong.
There are some invalid datasets at the beginning when all sensors are initializing. The Typhoon H Plus has invalid datasets also during flight, don't know why but I filter them out.

br HE

Thank you very much: it's wonderfull! One question more: my tas show
14456832​
Is it possible with a Typhoon H?​

It's fairly below light speed. So, this is possible.:D

To be serious:
It is a Typhonn H not a H Plus, right?
Is this value really seen in the CSV text file (not Excel, Excel lies)? Without decimal point?
Is it in the first dataset or somewhere in the middle? Is it during flight or initialization (f_mode=16)?

br HE

It's a Typhoon H pro (real sense). When I see the csv, the takeoff speeds then travel to the site are between 0.45 to 0.49. This seems very little?

I found a better csv file, moving speed between 2.44 and 2.75. Correct? Thanks for your advice!

As the H and H Pro can get up to about 48-50mph, which converts to 21m/s for 48mph, it’s feasible. The H Plus is allegedly faster. 2.44m/s is only 5mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval