Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card Issue

Reaction score
Hi guys-

Its a beautiful day, so I went to take a quick flight this morning. Well, that was an hour ago and I'm still on the ground. At first, it was telling me camera not connected. I rebound the camera, and all is good there.

Now however, it's telling me that the camera SD card is not detected. I've restarted several times, tried several different SD cards. Still nothing. Finally, I've noted that when I take the card out of the camera, it is very hot, almost to the point I can't hold it. This makes me thing something big might be wrong, but I hope not!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
-Eric

There is a cooling fan in the camera that keeps the WiFi board (and SD card) cool. You should be able to hear it if you listen very closely when you start the camera. If the fan is not running, you will need to repair or replace.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
There is a cooling fan in the camera that keeps the WiFi board (and SD card) cool. You should be able to hear it if you listen very closely when you start the camera. If the fan is not running, you will need to repair or replace.

I can hear what I believe is a fan running in the camera. Is there more than one fan in there?

UPDATE: Well, it seems as though it was a bad card... maybe two bad cards. I found a couple of old, pre-drone cards and tried them. Suddenly, everything is fine. Annoying thing is that I've only had that disk (SanDisk Extreme Plus) for a month or two. Oh well, I'll make a note to keep plenty of cards on hand.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I wouldn't have suspected a bad card causing heat.
I keep a spare unused card in the ST16, just in case.
Thanks for the post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my