Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sd Card not Inserting into Camera

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a Yuneec Typhoon H for work and everything was going fine until Monday. The camera started acting wild and had a mind of its own. I recalibrated the gimble and the camera seems to be operating fine now. I thought I was ready to get back to work, but now my sd card is not snapping into the camera like it should and I have no idea why. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Any advice is welcomed. I have a video I can send out if that helps out. It will not allow me to upload a .mp4 file type.

Thanks,

Greg

I found other threads, but the resolution seems like to send it into Yuneec or take into Best Buy. Is this what others have done as this seems like a common issue?

I don't have an answer for you beyond welcome to the Forum and I really dislike those small TF cards. My big ham hands and fingers just don't manipulate them well. I got the little plastic tool and that helps or the tweezers from my Swiss Army Knife. My trusty SwissChamp is always on my belt or next to my chair. The handiest thing I own. Be careful of the way you insert the TF card. It'll go in easy one way. It'll go in with a bit of resistance the other way and good luck getting it back out.

For videos, you have to host them somewhere, like YouTube, and link to it in your reply.

I don't have an answer for you beyond welcome to the Forum and I really dislike those small TF cards. My big ham hands and fingers just don't manipulate them well. I got the little plastic tool and that helps or the tweezers from my Swiss Army Knife. My trusty SwissChamp is always on my belt or next to my chair. The handiest thing I own. Be careful of the way you insert the TF card. It'll go in easy one way. It'll go in with a bit of resistance the other way and good luck getting it back out.

For videos, you have to host them somewhere, like YouTube, and link to it in your reply.

Thanks Fred. Thank you for the welcome. I will go over to introductions and introduce myself.

I wish I had the issue of getting it out. I can not get the card to stay inserted. It always pops out. I am going to try and blow some air from an air compressor to see maybe if some debris got lodged in there. I have been flying from a field of tall grass. I saw some post from back in 18 and 16, but nothing of it recently.
As it looked from them, if the compressed air doesn't do the trick, it looks like Yuneec, Best Buy or someone with knowledge on the camera would be the way to go.

I was able to reach Yuneec Service yesterday. I had a out of control gimble so I did a gimble calibration and the gimble seems to be back to normal when I tested it today. So there is a small victory for today. I wonder if the spring or whater latch holds the card in broke, be about the only other thing I can think of. I have had the drone for work since March 2019.

Thanks again

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
Yes, it has happened before. The SD card holder is soldered to the WiFi board. If anyone has ever been successful replacing it, it sure wasn't me. The only way I can correct it is to replace the whole WiFi board. You may want to contact @Yuneec Skins here on the Forum.

Part Number:
YUNCGO3P112SVC - CGO3+ WiFi Board and SD Card Reader

Yes, it has happened before. The SD card holder is soldered to the WiFi board. If anyone has ever been successful replacing it, it sure wasn't me. The only way I can correct it is to replace the whole WiFi board. You may want to contact @Yuneec Skins here on the Forum.

Part Number:
YUNCGO3P112SVC - CGO3+ WiFi Board and SD Card Reader

Thank You for the reply WTFD and pointing me in the right direction. That sounds like what I need as what holds it, isn't. I will look this up to see what it is all about.

Thank You for the reply WTFD and pointing me in the right direction. That sounds like what I need as what holds it, isn't. I will look this up to see what it is all about.

Here is a link to a youtube video that might help?
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
CGo3+ WiFi replacement is the same as CGo3. You may find the guidance in "Way To Fix Drones project" useful if you want to do it yourself.
Attachment 2 (CGo3 WiFi Board Replacement) details how to change the WiFi Board.

Addendums 1 and 2 at the back of Attachment 9 show the variations you may encounter with heat sink and 7 pin connector arrangements.

This index will show you where to look when you open the document:
Attachments.jpg

Thank you Mike and WTFD.

I will try the key to see if that is the case. Going to try compressed air today too.

If not I will take a look at the fix myself. If it looks achievable, I should be able to convince my boss.

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a Yuneec Typhoon H for work and everything was going fine until Monday. The camera started acting wild and had a mind of its own. I recalibrated the gimble and the camera seems to be operating fine now. I thought I was ready to get back to work, but now my sd card is not snapping into the camera like it should and I have no idea why. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Any advice is welcomed. I have a video I can send out if that helps out. It will not allow me to upload a .mp4 file type.

Thanks,

Greg
Hi. I see it's an old question, but maybe it will help someone. I have 4 SD cards and 2 did not appear in ST16. I tested a lot, formatted to 4, 8, 32KB and SD cards were 16GB, 8GB class 10 and even 6. I also tested them on a PC. In the end, I found out that they were defective. They can't be fixed. Don't think and discard such cards. I also tried to grind them. Blow it up !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio