Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Second 5 min video chunk wont play

Reaction score
I've done a few flights with my new Typhoon H - all recording for about 8-9 min. So I usually get two .mp4 files. The first one always plays correctly but I usually get a Windows Media Player error on the second file: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

The file size is significant so I know there is data there. I've tried Windows Xbox video app and VLC media player. In all cases the first video plays fine but not the second. Very annoying. Any ideas?

On a side note, is there any way to get around these 5 min video chunks?

5 min video chunks
No, you can't change that. The card has a max file size when it's formatted as FAT32. Most 4K camera do the same thing. When you put the files together in an editor they are seemless.

If you can't play the last file on the card it's probably because you didn't stop the recording before shutting off the H. Just put the card back in the camera, start the ST16 and the H and then start and stop the video. That should allow the camera to properly close the file.

I think you are correct... I probably forgot that step. Thanks!

As for the corrupted files, I was unable to repair them with VLC. There is another program called Stellar Phoenix Video Repair that looks promising but it's $70. Anyone have feedback on this software?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Depends on how important those files are to you. If you're selling the product and the program always works it could be a good deal. If making videos for fun perhaps writing off those files and remembering to stop a video going forward makes sense. Only you can decide.

I had this. Make sure you stop recording before turning the H or ST16 off...corrupts the file otherwise.

I have experienced similar, but only with one particular SD card. I have several cards, all U3 cards and all the same brand, but one of them continually had the 2nd and 3rd file corrupted, even after switching off recording prior to shutting down the H. I no longer use that particular card for recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval