Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Second antenna - newbie help

Reaction score
Posting this here for anyone wondering what that second antenna is all about.
Just got my H520 and in the box was a second, flat, square shaped antenna. I was unsure what this was and couldn't see much on here about it so gave Yuneec UK a quick call and they clarified that the standard 'mushroom' antenna is the best omni-directional one to use and the new 'flat' antenna is directional, it needs to be angled at the H520 but should offer better range.

Posting this here for anyone wondering what that second antenna is all about.
Just got my H520 and in the box was a second, flat, square shaped antenna. I was unsure what this was and couldn't see much on here about it so gave Yuneec UK a quick call and they clarified that the standard 'mushroom' antenna is the best omni-directional one to use and the new 'flat' antenna is directional, it needs to be angled at the H520 but should offer better range.
Hi Mr Motley,
The Sq antena is a patch directional one and the mushroom one is omnidirectional. You can look at other posts relating to this by pressing on the magnifine Glass in the top right corner and put in your question and the corresponding thread should appear for you to read. This should be in your manual that you got with your 520. ALSO THE FORUM IS SET OUT FOR YOUR QUESTIONS TO GO TO THE CORRECT AREA, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE H520 FORUM ,BUT BEING NEW IT TAKES A WHILE TO GET A HANDLE ON IT.You will find alot of experience and help here if you ask and welcome to the forum and may you have many happy flights. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Mr Motley ,
My humblest appology, you were in the 520 forum and you shall have some 520 members to answer you in due course. Again welcome. Johnno Hennessy.

Mr Motley ,
My humblest appology, you were in the 520 forum and you shall have some 520 members to answer you in due course. Again welcome. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome!
I could only find info about this on the Typhoon forum and that didn't seem decisive so thought I'd post my findings here to help out anyone else who was wondering.
Looking forward to being part of the Yuneec family here and sharing the adventure!

[QUOTE = "John Hennessy, post: 153499, miembro: 10145"] Hola, Señor Motley,
La antena Sq es un parche direccional y la seta es omnidireccional. Puede ver otras publicaciones relacionadas con esto presionando el Magnifine Glass en la esquina superior derecha y colocar su pregunta y el hilo correspondiente debería aparecer para que lo lea. Esto debería estar en el manual que recibió con su 520. TAMBIÉN SE ESTABLECE EL FORO PARA HACER SUS PREGUNTAS PARA IR AL ÁREA CORRECTA, DEBE ESTAR EN EL FORO H520, PERO SER NUEVO TIENE MUCHAS MANERA DE OBTENER UN MANGO Encontrará mucha experiencia y ayuda aquí si pregunta y le da la bienvenida al foro y puede tener muchos vuelos felices. Johnno Hennessy.
Sigue volando en el lado verde de la hierba. [/ QUOTE]
el manual no dice nada de las antenas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss