Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Second flight and almost lost camera

Reaction score
:(Well needless to say I am disappointed, why would the manufacturer utilize such an poor way to secure the camera to the drone? Has anyone else had this problem, the little rubber bushings that go in between the camera mount and bottom of drone and the clips that hold them in place are missing in two of the four mounts after flight number two. I am hoping this is a warranty item to fix but none the less do not feel very good about the way the camera is attached and am considering a revamp of my own.

Only 2 of the corners are secured with pins.

The dampeners are a $4 part...

Yuneec Rubber Dampers: CGO3+

The entire lower CGO3+ mount set is a $10 part...

Mount Set: Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+

If those dampeners are actually missing after only one flight, they were likely damaged or not properly installed before you launched... it is definitely a preflight item to check. Several members on here have used small zip ties or fishing line in the 2 corners that do not have the pins... just make sure they are secured loosely enough, to not interfere with the dampeners during flight.

https://www.amazon.com/Snap-ADJUSTABLE-Security-Plastic-Fastener/dp/B006PL6N4K/ref=sr_1_2

Of course if you want to put this in as a warranty claim you can submit that... you'll probably be without your H for 6 weeks or more, for a spare maintenance part that you should be keeping on hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Addison
Eagle Eye, thanks for the quick response. I did not realize that it is normal to only have two of the four corners secured with the pins, I was able to get the rubber bushing back in the corner which apparently is one of two that just "floats", in the front right corner I was able to secure the camera to the mount with a plastic zip tie as recommended. I will order some parts to keep on hand. Thanks again, David.

Reactions: Addison
Reactions: David Velen
You're more than welcome David... as far as the other part of your question... I direct you to the 2nd page of this thread:

Typhoon H Crash

I think the design is like all aspects of aviation design... strong enough to do the job (isolating the camera from vibration) with the least amount of weight.

Reactions: David Velen
Only 2 of the corners are secured with pins.

The dampeners are a $4 part...

Yuneec Rubber Dampers: CGO3+

The entire lower CGO3+ mount set is a $10 part...

Mount Set: Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+

If those dampeners are actually missing after only one flight, they were likely damaged or not properly installed before you launched... it is definitely a preflight item to check. Several members on here have used small zip ties or fishing line in the 2 corners that do not have the pins... just make sure they are secured loosely enough, to not interfere with the dampeners during flight.

https://www.amazon.com/Snap-ADJUSTABLE-Security-Plastic-Fastener/dp/B006PL6N4K/ref=sr_1_2

Of course if you want to put this in as a warranty claim you can submit that... you'll probably be without your H for 6 weeks or more, for a spare maintenance part that you should be keeping on hand.

Eagle E: How do you get the tie to come out of the hole. I can see where you insert it but how do you get the end to come out so you can lock it into place?

There is a plastic cover plate that pulls off... that will give you clear access to thread the tie. Give me until tomorrow, and I'll post a photo.

Or check You Tube for one of several videos depicting the process. It’s quite simple.

Interesting. I just got my H right after Christmas and had the same thing happen where one of my 4 rubber grommets came loose and luckily it was wedged between the camera mounting plate and the top of the camera assembly, so I didn't lose it. I thought it was odd for this to come loose since I have never crashed it and have not even had a hard landing yet. Maybe some of my quick stops after high-speed runs could have put too many G's on the camera and made it swing forward too much (camera whiplash). I will have to be careful of that in the future. Good points about adding this as a pre-flight checklist item. I also thought about adding some safety wire to keep from losing the two grommets not held in by pins, so I'm glad to see that others have already done this.

I watched the following YouTube video, which did a good job of explaining just how to take the camera apart and put the rubber grommet back in place.

That is a neat trick with the dental floss, I may try that if I am in the same situation again. I was able to squeeze the damper between the two pieces and using a combination of needle nose pliers and a pair of my wife's best tweezers pull it up and into place, being careful not to tear the rubber. I have since ordered a few spares to keep on hand just in case. I see you are a Veteran and a brother, Semper Fi. David.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval