Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sensor glass

Reaction score
Hi. My breeze drone landed hard and broke the bottom glass that covers the sensors inside. Seen a utube video of replacing with a small flashlight lens. That didn't work. Is there any other suggestions or anywhere I can order that glass?

The sensor glass for the IR height sensor is integral to the bottom cover. An interweb search should turn up hits on where to purchase. There have been older posts in the Breeze Discussion forum where a suitable IR pass filter of the proper size was sourced and glued into position. Normal glass and plastic tend to reflect off of the inner surface and fool the receiver half of the sensor.

Thanks so much for the reply and feedback. I haven’t had any luck on finding a site where I could order a replacement. If anyone knows please forward info. Thanks. Had no luck reaching Yuneec company.

You can try this eBay listing Yuneec YUNFCAUS Breeze Compact Smart Drone Glass Camera Cover 813646029386 | eBay.

If you get this have them declare it as a camera filter and nothing to do with drones or it will most likely get delayed in customs.

A lot of times you can use a permanent marker on the flashlight lens replacement to create the masking like you see on the real filter. It must be on the inside surface to block reflections back into the IR sensor.

You can also try a PM to @Pman to see if he might have parts or a Breeze he is willing to part with. He isn’t on here much anymore , but it is worth a try. He can be found on the AutelPilots forum under the same username.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning