Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sequential file numbers

Reaction score
Hi All.
Could anyone tell me how to set up sequential file numbering on my H?
Renaming files is becoming a great pain in the butt!

Thanks for that EEV, I was hoping for something intergrated within Yuneec settings but if all else fails i shall give your suggestion a try.
Thanks for taking time out to help me with my problem, much appreiated!
It will need to be simple to match my simple mind.

As far as I have read on this board the only control you have in the numbering sequence is to have an existing file on the card, and the numbering will continue from that point. What I have found annoying is the is no distinguishing set of numbers even across file types... so you will have (for example) YUN00001.mp4, YUN00002.mp4, YUN00003.mp4, YUN00004.jpg, YUN00005.jpg, YUN00006.jpg, YUN00007.mp4, YUN00008.mp4

The only way to tell the different files is by the timestamp... as people have mentioned it makes it difficult (for example)
to tell between single photos and a panorama sequence... and if you have to wait, say from 11:02 while taking your single
shots, to 11:04 to take a panorama sequence. And all the while, you're watching the battery voltage drop on the ST16.

Last edited:
I just leave the last file on the card. It's a very simple thing to do.

One thing is certain, people always want more than what they have and if given what they ask for they want more, and everyone wants something different. Easier to complain than to learn how to work within established boundaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, it has not come up as any issue for me, but I have not really done the pano feature yet...

I just leave the last file on the card. It's a very simple thing to do.

One thing is certain, people always want more than what they have and if given what they ask for they want more, and everyone wants something different. Easier to complain than to learn how to work within established boundaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a good plan I will give that a try. Thanks PatR and ALL for your assistance.
Happy New 2017!

For some reason the iPad recognises new files and saves them separately, but the PC (Win10) asks if I want to overwrite or skip, I now save them in separate dated folders.

That over write happens only when you leave all the old files on the card. If you look and see the file numbers always start out YUN00001 you'll know that's the problem.

When downloading a card remove all but the last file from the card. You can copy and paste or cut and paste, choice is yours. Safer to copy but that generates an extra step to delete old files after the copy. Retain only the last file with the highest number on the card. When you put the card in the camera it should only have one file on it to start out. The file numbers will increase sequentially from the one file that was left on the card.

When you go to download files again delete the first file number on the card. You downloaded that one in the previous download and don't need to download it again. After that, download the rest of the files from the card, again retaining only the last file on the card to start out your next flight. Cut or delete all the other files from the previous flight. You will not experience over write queries again if you do this.

Last edited:
When downloading a card remove all but the last file from the card

I use alternate memory cards so not the answer for me, but it's a minor problem I can live with. I swap the SD after each flying session to avoid keep taking the H out of the case unnecessarily.

I use multiple cards as well. I just load the last image from the previous card on the new one. Started doing that with a Chroma over a year ago and carried the process over to the H. It can get a little complicated when you have multiple cameras though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33