Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Seriously Impressed with My H.

Reaction score
I know that the Typhoon H Pro is not considered the best of the family for high winds, but I have to say, I am impressed. I went out to the Crowsnest Pass today, first time in a couple of months. I wasn't expecting much, as there were supposed to be high winds. The last time the Pass called for high winds, Jenny and I found that they petered out when we got to the other side of the pass where I can fly. Today, not so much. My son, William, who was driving, suggested we continue out and look anyway since we already drove for 95 minutes to get this far. We drove out and being Canada Day weekend, found trailers and quads everywhere. We continued out and found an area to pull over and launch. My wind meter said ground level had sustained winds of 24 kph. Give it a try I thought. I went through my checks and launched the H. It did some rocking be seemed stable, so, off I went. I flew around, higher than the trees and, even though the H had a tilt to it stayed stable. I flew around and, out of curiosity, checked my app, UAV Forecast. It stated the winds at 100 M (320 ft) were 50 kph gusting to 85 kph (30 mph to 53 mph). I flew 3 of my batteries, then the winds picked up even more. 8 minutes into my third flight, I called it a day and hand caught it. We had to turn away from the wind as it picked up gravel and stung.

The H, in all that wind, went wherever I sent it, even into the wind. I know for certain that my 4K would have not kept up with the wind and would not have even tried to launch it. I am glad to know that the H is ready for anything even strong winds.YUN00080_stitch.jpg

Great job flying today Chuck! Nice pano too!

Thank you. I have to admit, the lack of flying opportunities is compounded by my new second hobby. My brother-in-law gave me a 1966 Buick Wildcat coupe for my birthday last month. This has been tapping my wallet as I slowly (well as fast as I can afford) restore it to the point where it will pass an Out Of Province Inspection. After 2 months of flying though enough was enough. We had to drive out to check and once we were there, couldn't face turning around and simply driving home. I very gingerly took off the first time and hovered until I felt confident. As I said though, on the third battery, up came the winds that even I felt wasn't comfortable with. When gravel hurts, it is definitely time to call it a day and go home. I paid for my son's gas and lunch since he only came to humour me. He isn't into drones, beyond giving me bunny ears when on video. At least he isn't into drone.... yet.?

Reactions: Murray Martz
The H's wind-resisting power is one of its strongest points. You can fly it in a full-on literal typhoon, and it will hold its airspace in a very impressive way.

Rain, of course, is another story - don't imagine you can fly in any amount of that safely (open vents in shell)...
Not that flying in rain is anything approaching fun anyway !

Last edited:
I agree with the rain. That is one weather condition that I would not risk. This is the most wind I have ever flown in. I wasn't certain that the H would handle it, but, pleasantly surprised. Anything more than today I would probably have called it a nice drive and a nice lunch. Any trip to the mountains is better than sitting at home. The thing to keep checking I found is watch the battery.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Oh yeah that battery takes a proper battering in the wind :) Much shorter flight times.
Mist and cloud is also on the no-no list, although I must confess that I sometimes risk dancing round the edges of both if the opportunity arises.
Likewise light, dry snow, which tends to slide or get blown straight off the shell unless you are particularly unlucky...
Oh, and we have to watch the camera too in these conditions, with its partially open back panel. And of course we can't block any of these vents without risking big heat problems, although I do keep wondering if we couldn't find some kind of mesh tape that stopped moisture ingress yet still allowed adequate airflow. It's a challenge, because the airflow is a little short of adequate before we even start :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckBridges
That would be a good idea if we could find one that passed air freely but inhibited the movement of moisture. They have coats and hats that do this, why not tape?

It's amazing the crazy angles the copter takes to keep that gimbal level in the wind, very impressive machine.

Reactions: KellyR
That would be a good idea if we could find one that passed air freely but inhibited the movement of moisture. They have coats and hats that do this, why not tape?
There's always a chance there might be an area missed which could let in water, not very easy to test either, could have severe consequences if in flight. I don't know of o would risk it personally.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
I know that the Typhoon H Pro is not considered the best of the family for high winds, but I have to say, I am impressed. I went out to the Crowsnest Pass today, first time in a couple of months. I wasn't expecting much, as there were supposed to be high winds. The last time the Pass called for high winds, Jenny and I found that they petered out when we got to the other side of the pass where I can fly. Today, not so much. My son, William, who was driving, suggested we continue out and look anyway since we already drove for 95 minutes to get this far. We drove out and being Canada Day weekend, found trailers and quads everywhere. We continued out and found an area to pull over and launch. My wind meter said ground level had sustained winds of 24 kph. Give it a try I thought. I went through my checks and launched the H. It did some rocking be seemed stable, so, off I went. I flew around, higher than the trees and, even though the H had a tilt to it stayed stable. I flew around and, out of curiosity, checked my app, UAV Forecast. It stated the winds at 100 M (320 ft) were 50 kph gusting to 85 kph (30 mph to 53 mph). I flew 3 of my batteries, then the winds picked up even more. 8 minutes into my third flight, I called it a day and hand caught it. We had to turn away from the wind as it picked up gravel and stung.

The H, in all that wind, went wherever I sent it, even into the wind. I know for certain that my 4K would have not kept up with the wind and would not have even tried to launch it. I am glad to know that the H is ready for anything even strong winds.View attachment 17317

Awesome picture

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me