Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shaky Video

Reaction score
Ive been experiencing shaky video and even sent my camera off to get looked at ($70) and they said it was fine. I was doing some test flights today taking video and the shaking is still there.

I have an 2017 HP laptop with 16gb Ram that can play 4k video, I have shot the video in 1080p 30 fps as well with the same results. The SD card is a U3 so not the issue, I've copied to my my computer to get the video off the card and still same results. I've re formatted the SD card and re shot video and no change. Even tried different programs to play the video and same results. I've checked the cameras exterior and made sure the rubber shocks were ok etc etc. Going to call Yuneec and find out whats up.

Attached is the SD Cards being used and the video straight from the SD Card shot in 1080p 30fps. It used to record and play fine in any format upto 4k but no longer. Kind of upset its not working.
20170322_085714.jpg

I think my camera maybe defective.

First I am not an expert.
I was not sure but I don't think your H camera twitched on the ground.
It looked like it may have been windy, was it?
I have had problems when it was very windy and flying. I noticed a little twitch here or there with mine.
Here is a video I just did the other day and it is smooth and it was not windy out.

Can you double check the 4 mount points where the little rubber dampeners are? do they look ok?

Reactions: Murray Martz
How do the rubber dampeners look, are they in place correctly? Other than that I don't know what else. Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion.

I checked the dampners and they seem fine, however you may be right about the wind. if I lightly shake the camera while sitting on my table I could see how the shaking could be noticed during stopping and turning, which is when it happens. I would think that a firmer attachment would fix this. Never noticed it in the past which is weird.

I put small bolts with nuts thru the dampners and tightened them so they were fixed and harder to be influenced by the wind and video was bad still. Tried calling Yuneec and got the "call back later or contact support via email" response which Ive never had.... I have never got a response thru email but wrote anyways. Guess Ill keep calling.... I heard about the cutbacks, if CS takes a hit that will be a downfall.

I put small bolts with nuts thru the dampners and tightened them so they were fixed and harder to be influenced by the wind and video was bad still. Tried calling Yuneec and got the "call back later or contact support via email" response which Ive never had.... I have never got a response thru email but wrote anyways. Guess Ill keep calling.... I heard about the cutbacks, if CS takes a hit that will be a downfall.
Take the bolts back out or at a minimum, make sure they are loose and move freely. Then get a sd card that says U3. That is a 3 inside the U. That is absolutely needed for this camera. A U1 is simply too slow for the write speed.

If you still have a problem then change to a different set of props.

I really think you are seeing a problem with the write speed. It's skipping bytes to keep up.
A couple of years ago I had glitches in my video and messed around for a couple of weeks trying to solve it. Turned out to be the card reader I had was defective and wouldn't transfer the file accurately.

Could also be the dampers are too tight, or coming in contact with the H mount. I had glitches at high frame rate, but this looks to me like something is doing a slight bump at times. I'd have someone hold the H with the camera on ( no rotors going ) and walk around while you look at the video. That way you could do a visual inspection of the mounts and see if you can spot the problem. If you can reproduce it in a controlled environment, you may sole it easier.

I just replaced all props, replaced the dampners with new ones as I had an extra set and its still doing it. I have never had this type of issue until 2 months ago. Everything before then was flawless video. The funny thing is its only when its up high in the air that it does it and it doesn't matter if its calm or a little wind. Also my camera is offset to the right as well. I was told by CS to conduct a calibration...again... and they didn't see anything wrong in my video..

Could also be the dampers are too tight, or coming in contact with the H mount. I had glitches at high frame rate, but this looks to me like something is doing a slight bump at times. I'd have someone hold the H with the camera on ( no rotors going ) and walk around while you look at the video. That way you could do a visual inspection of the mounts and see if you can spot the problem. If you can reproduce it in a controlled environment, you may sole it easier.
Good call Murray. I see two problems in the video. One is vibration from having the bolts too tight in the gimbal dampers. The other is skipping frames which I believe is from using the slower card.

I just replaced all props, replaced the dampners with new ones as I had an extra set and its still doing it. I have never had this type of issue until 2 months ago. Everything before then was flawless video. The funny thing is its only when its up high in the air that it does it and it doesn't matter if its calm or a little wind. Also my camera is offset to the right as well. I was told by CS to conduct a calibration...again... and they didn't see anything wrong in my video..
I wouldn't rule out a bad camera, but it's the last thing in the list of possible errors. Have you tried a different card yet?

Guys, that video doesn't have the bolts in, I did that after to see if it would correct the issue. Also using a U3 card in that one as well. And yes, Ive tried three different cards with the same performance. Its frustrating because Ive had flawless video even in high winds up till then. Appreciate the feedback so far..

Guys, that video doesn't have the bolts in, I did that after to see if it would correct the issue. Also using a U3 card in that one as well. And yes, Ive tried three different cards with the same performance. Its frustrating because Ive had flawless video even in high winds up till then. Appreciate the feedback so far..
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I definitely see the vibration getting to the camera. That is generally one or two props out of balance or gimbal dampers.

Check each motor to see if they are tight. Check for end play and side play on the motor shafts.
Also check the motor arms to see if there is much movement.

Just checked the motors and they seem to be fine. Ran a GUI motor test and it was good. I just watched on the ST16 screen the video playback an heck its playing back all kinds of funky shaking. Way worse than whats on the sdcard coming from the CGO3. I cant even get a good video off the ST16. But everywhere I see a jitter on the CGO3 the ST16's video is much worse. I would think that the ST16 would have a good video playback.

Just checked the motors and they seem to be fine. Ran a GUI motor test and it was good. I just watched on the ST16 screen the video playback an heck its playing back all kinds of funky shaking. Way worse than whats on the sdcard coming from the CGO3. I cant even get a good video off the ST16. But everywhere I see a jitter on the CGO3 the ST16's video is much worse. I would think that the ST16 would have a good video playback.
The playback on my ST16 is pretty jerky as well. I think it's just a playback limitation on the controller and not a problem with the video.
I'm still not convinced it's a problem with the camera. The vibration should not be getting to the camera at all. When you do a hover close to you, can you see vibration in the H and in the camera?

Yuneec CS just told me they cant help... Well looks like Yuneec just turned into the cant help you anymore because we have your money company... Was satisfied with CS until now. Kind of upset after having my first H at the repair facility for the first 3 months. Atleast they could have extended my warranty.

Well that sucks. At least they answered the phone. Don't give up on this yet. I believe you can resolve it. Just have to keep looking for what is causing the vibration.

Reactions: Hunter_Michael

The St 16 video playback has been funky lately. You can't judge that. Something is different with the St16 update in my opinion as now preview play out even from the sd card in the st is horrible. The gallery I expect some flaws as it's a 720 grab from wifi signal but it used to playback the files directly off the card fine and now that's all droppy and glitches as well.

On the dampeners, tightening will translate more motion into camera. They are very loose on purpose. I get jello only occasionally and it takes a strong gust to do that. You should go down to lowest frame rate and resolution and try some shots. You can do it stationary as you need to remove the transfer rate as a problem. I'd reset the camera after connection also and format card from camera menu. Start at lowest setting and shoot the same thing at different resolutions and see if the trouble shows up. That should eliminate camera or card questions if that's all smooth and point you to something going on in flight. Your card could have a bad sector on it that's causing this.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430