Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shift-tilt lens for CGO3?

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is anyone making this for our camera? How frikin cool it'd be to put that on the H. If you don't know what this is check it out. Since we already see everything kind of in miniature why not go all the way to surreal?

Is anyone making this for our camera? How frikin cool it'd be to put that on the H. If you don't know what this is check it out. Since we already see everything kind of in miniature why not go all the way to surreal?
Did you forget to include a link? :rolleyes:

For DSLR cameras, it's called a Lensbaby. I've used them for professional photography in the studio and outside, but they are all pretty much crap and over-priced. A smaller one would be even worse. Better off using some software to do it in post.
Lensbaby | Award Winning Creative Effect Lenses & More

Reactions: yerrickl
yes, thats tilt shift. proper tilt shift lenses are expensive (no, the lensbaby isnt a proper tilt shift) but the effect is easy to do in post processing. It has both vignetting, and a (usually thin) slice of the image in focus.

one of my favourite videos is timelapse and tilt shift..

I'm not sure post processing will achieve the same results. It'd be awesome to use the TH for these style of shots. There is some interesting posts from Coachela and some are obvious boom lifts but there are a couple that appear drone shot. I'm guessing I'd need a rig that carries an SLR. I just think the surreal aspect of the time lapse tilt shift videos fascinating.

Reactions: Dr Delta
Tilt/Shift (like most photography effects) is quite easy to reproduce in post production. One of the only 'effects' I know of that can't be done in post, is polarisation.

Tilt/Shift (like most photography effects) is quite easy to reproduce in post production. One of the only 'effects' I know of that can't be done in post, is polarisation.

It's not the same... having the lens allows for real time understanding of how POV relative to time lapse will behave. I'll try it on some of my city overhead shots in post and see if it satisfies my new itch.

I just used an android app called tilt/Shift camera on my tablet. Theirs much better programs for laptops and PC'so
Unfortunately I haven't found one that does video for Android and haven't looked for a windows program yet.

yes, thats tilt shift. proper tilt shift lenses are expensive (no, the lensbaby isnt a proper tilt shift) but the effect is easy to do in post processing. It has both vignetting, and a (usually thin) slice of the image in focus.

one of my favourite videos is timelapse and tilt shift..
No, not a proper one, but it's what all the facebook wanna be people buy. I've personally, in all the years they have been out, never found one I truly like.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I own three tilts shift PC (perspective control) lenses which I primarily use for architecture, Sony offers the ability to do this via software as well on their cameras however for some reason it looks better when you use a $3200 PC lens...but in a pinch it looks pretty good via software on Sony cameras...as with a few other features on Sony cameras this is basically a plug-in which you buy separately that works in the camera like their time lapse. It's online at their Play Memories site for just $4.99 if you own a Sony camera chances are it will work on yours...

Reactions: Steve Carr
For commercial work, it would be done with a view camera... but I wouldn't hold your breath for a Yuneec / ArcaSwiss partnership in the near future... but I'd pay an admission fee to see the drone capable of hauling a 4x5 view camera on a 3 axis gimbal. ;)

Reactions: Robert Brooks
For commercial work, it would be done with a view camera... but I wouldn't hold your breath for a Yuneec / ArcaSwiss partnership in the near future... but I'd pay an admission fee to see the drone capable of hauling a 4x5 view camera on a 3 axis gimbal. ;)

Somebody is doing it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval