Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Should i keep my q500 or buy an dji spark?

Reaction score
He guys! I'm having a trip to colombia in a couple of months and i was planing to take my q500,but as you know it is kinda big, so i am thinking on selling it and buy the dji spark but as you guys know the q500 records on 4k. What do you guys think I should do?

What do you guys think I should do?

Notice the silence? It's because, unfortunately, that question is almost impossible to answer. The answer would be different for each of us. Think about how you will be traveling, where you will be going, the importance of the video to your plans, and the abilities of any machines you might be considering. The answer for some would be the most elaborate of rigs, for others a simple Breeze would be great. Ultimately, this is always going to come down to what is right for YOU.
Telling something about the details of your plans might provide an opportunity to offer some productive advice. Many even some specific reasons to avoid, or to choose, some particular model.
Love my Q500, but it's not my first choice to take on trips if I'm not going to get much time on it.

Yeah man you right, well I'll be in a bunch of fancy and scenic places between three weeks, some of those places are in the mountains where the access is limited

Keep the Q and buy something smaller. I would lean more toward the Anafi. No charger needed. It can charge from a cell phone charger, twice the flight time and a 4K camera.

Reactions: danimo345
I have both. I like both birds for different reasons. The Spark has a much more precise feel in the air and is less susceptible to wind. The smaller size is much better in tight spaces. The application offers many options not found on the Q500. The Spark has a forward sensor that works very well. However, the camera quality is marginal. The Q500 offers a raw mode for photos giving far better quality. The Q500 offers 4k video. The larger bird is also much easier to see it's orientation. I recommend both for their own advantages. If forced to choose, I would keep the Q500.

Reactions: danimo345
Hey guys thanks for the advice, I have bought the dji spark and I will for sure keep my q500 for future operations.

If size is important, then I think you made the right choice. I have almost stopped using my q500's in favour of the smaller and more portable UAV's. Nothing attracts unwanted attention these days more than a big noisy quad in the sky....and for air travel...no way would I take an H or 500. I've seen the camera quality of the spark and it's more than adequate to get those video shots of the scenery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline