Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Silicone spray

Reaction score
there are some members on this forum with fantastic knowledge so could you please advise me on the best silicone spray to use on me H's landing gear elbows and where to purchase please, thanking you in advance.

Appreciate your response Rayray, but it was a lubricant that I was looking for but the knowledge of a a good contact cleaner is invaluable. May thanks, love reading your posts so valuable with info.

Ha, so it was. I would suggest one more thing, use a powdered graphite rather than any liquid. Just my personal preference.
Thanks...

there are some members on this forum with fantastic knowledge so could you please advise me on the best silicone spray to use on me H's landing gear elbows and where to purchase please, thanking you in advance.
Clive, are you in the USA? I usually get mine at the local ACE Hardware. They also carry silicone grease in the plumbing section, typically for use on rubber o-rings.

Clive, if you're looking for a silicone spray, you may be able to find CRC silicone spray at a local auto Parts store. When you say elbows are you referring to the metal yoke inside the retract mechanisim? If so you may want to you a silicone grease that retains it's viscosity. Here is a link to a tube on Amazon for less than four dollars. Silicone Grease

CRC Silicone Spray

Spray.jpg

Silicone Grease at Amazon

Grease.jpg

Good idea. Whatever lubs you use, remember that no matter what great takeoff and landing pads you have, the drones are subject to dust in the air that you cannot even see. Don't use anything that dust can easily collect on. I find I even need to clean my cam lens weekly or bi-weekly, and I'm not in a dusty place.

Good idea. Whatever lubs you use, remember that no matter what great takeoff and landing pads you have, the drones are subject to dust in the air that you cannot even see. Don't use anything that dust can easily collect on. I find I even need to clean my cam lens weekly or bi-weekly, and I'm not in a dusty place.
Point taken Rayray ill use graphite, once again many thanks from an old fart

As Rayray indicated, graphite is the best to use as any other type of lubricant is just a dust magnet and will cause nothing but problems. But, I am at this point more curious why you feel you need to lubricate a part. Is there something going on at the moment with the gear?

The gearbox attached to the motor in the landing gear assembly is fairly sealed, like a servo, I wouldn't think a little grease would hurt, if applied with something like a toothpick to keep the amount small. I have to believe some lubrication is better than none in this instance. The case surrounding the gearbox should keep most of the dust out. I would worry more about wear contamination (metal dust / spalling) more than outside contamination.

No Murray, just replaced a broken leg and elbow ect. Haven't try it out yet and thought I should help it to move more freely. As a old newly at this I thought it better to prevent than do nothing just in case. After all you experienced pilot have such a vaste amount of knowledge which I'm sure that new pilots appreciate. Thank you for replying

No Murray, just replaced a broken leg and elbow ect. Haven't try it out yet and thought I should help it to move more freely. As a old newly at this I thought it better to prevent than do nothing just in case. After all you experienced pilot have such a vaste amount of knowledge which I'm sure that new pilots appreciate. Thank you for replying
Best policy is...if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Reactions: mwfoshee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33