Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Simulator

Reaction score
Hi gang-

I'm going to be out of commission for a bit with rotator cuff surgery. I was thinking of picking up the simulator to do some flying, once my fingers start working again. Is the sim worthwhile, or will it just annoy me? Is there a better simulator to play with than Yuneec's? I just got my H Pro, so I thought this would be a way to do something since I won't be going outside much.

Thanks

PS- before you yell at me to search :cool:, I did that, but most of the posts seem to be old. I thought I'd see if there were current thoughts.

I’ve heard the sim is good and does a great job of helping you stay in practice with the ST-16. You can’t do camera controls, but can control wind direction and speed and learn to fly and land without GPS and losing props. Just reset and try again.

Hope all goes well with your surgery and rehab. Shoulders are a biach in PT. I had frozen shoulder years ago, and got strength and range of motion back in about 6 months. Yet it took two years before I could toss a ball overhand without sharp pain in the shoulder.

I salute the blue for your sacrifice!

Depends on your purpose... if you want entertainment and many different scenarios or a variety of locations, a more general sim might be better. But if you want specific time on the ST-16 or ST-10 controller and are not bothered by a single virtual flying location, the Yuneec sim is your best... albeit only option.

Did not know Yuneec had a sim, does it com with a controler or does one have to have a st16 controler to use it?

Hi gang-

I'm going to be out of commission for a bit with rotator cuff surgery. I was thinking of picking up the simulator to do some flying, once my fingers start working again. Is the sim worthwhile, or will it just annoy me? Is there a better simulator to play with than Yuneec's? I just got my H Pro, so I thought this would be a way to do something since I won't be going outside much.

Thanks

PS- before you yell at me to search :cool:, I did that, but most of the posts seem to be old. I thought I'd see if there were current thoughts.
When you use the sim, you are static, so the drone moves from you. It's ok to use, but it's not a video game style in any way. It's nice to use to practice holding your location with GPS off and added winds, so to hone a few skills it's ok. You use your controller, and then you can select models other than your own as well. I have used it to test modifications/adjustments to my ST16 so that I don't need to risk a crash if my change does not work. Also can help with trying new landing methods. The sim is a free download, but you need to purchase the receiver to connect your controller to your computer.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Did not know Yuneec had a sim, does it com with a controler or does one have to have a st16 controler to use it?

It is called UAV Pilot. The Windows program is a free download but requires the USB dongle to convert the RC signals from the ST-10 or 16. The dongle is about $35 US.

Sounds interesting, but right now all I have is the Breeze. THANK DoomMeister

Hi,
You might want to give Yuneec US a call to verify.
Their website says that the USB connector is compatible with ALL Yuneec remote controls and only works with PC's.
Works fine for me for basic flying practice with my ST16 and PC.
Good luck
Pete

Hi,
You might want to give Yuneec US a call to verify.
Their website says that the USB connector is compatible with ALL Yuneec remote controls and only works with PC's.
Works fine for me for basic flying practice with my ST16 and PC.
Good luck
Pete

The Breeze does not use a remote control, but a smart device via WiFi. The dongle only receives RC signals and converts to serial data input (not WiFi, therefore no controlling a camera in the simulator). The program has not been updated for some time so does not support the Mantis Q either.

Here is a link to info on the U.K. site for Yuneec UAV Pilot UAV Pilot | Flight simulator for Windows PC - Yuneec

Yuneec and several reputable hobby shops stock it at $34.99. I have seen it on eBay for $29.99, but I no longer use eBay as there are too many dishonest sellers for my taste. I am also careful with third party sellers on Amazon.

Reactions: Old Fart
I have been using it and i find it beneficial. I wish they would add more features and things but it helps hone your skills. It gives me trouble when connecting but eventually it works.

I have been using it and i find it beneficial. I wish they would add more features and things but it helps hone your skills. It gives me trouble when connecting but eventually it works.

Version 3 of the sim provides challenges that are that. GPS is turned off and one has to hover within a virtual box. When the temps are hitting -30C, it is a good way to keep in practice.

As Guardian44, I am about to get a full shoulder replacement, so will be out of action for some time. people saying the software is a free download, but where from? I have a few helicopter sims and find that they are not very true to life. I can fly the sim helicopter no problem in any of the sims, but go to my trex 450 and problems. Surprised that I have not smashed more of it. So how true to life is the Yuneec sim? Do you need the Yuneec usb adapter, or would a 2.4G receiver work, which is what I use for the helicopters sims. Thanks to anyone.

As Guardian44, I am about to get a full shoulder replacement, so will be out of action for some time. people saying the software is a free download, but where from? I have a few helicopter sims and find that they are not very true to life. I can fly the sim helicopter no problem in any of the sims, but go to my trex 450 and problems. Surprised that I have not smashed more of it. So how true to life is the Yuneec sim? Do you need the Yuneec usb adapter, or would a 2.4G receiver work, which is what I use for the helicopters sims. Thanks to anyone.

UAV Pilot Simulator

I have not heard of anyone successfully using another receiver with this simulator... In my case I also had greater success using the software on a Win7 box, but I know others that have used it on Win10.

So... I did end up getting the Sim this week finally... However, I haven't had much chance to use it... I've created a future UAV pilot though!
6ae644e60d5f2ba8eb1c777747730c02.jpg

Great job! Love to see the young ones in action.:cool:

Reactions: PatR
So... I did end up getting the Sim this week finally... However, I haven't had much chance to use it... I've created a future UAV pilot though!
6ae644e60d5f2ba8eb1c777747730c02.jpg

Looks like an upgrade to the setup is in order. Don’t want that posture and eye strain going on too long!

“But honey, I just have to get that 70inch monitor! It’s in the best interest of our daughter!”

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1