Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Skyview with more on the screen

Reaction score
is it possible to modify what is on the Skyview display? Or, can I turn off the frame on the sides and bottom?

When I am flying with goggles, I want to see the most.

When you say most, do you mean eliminating the pilot info on the ST-16 and just have the camera view? If so, that has always been an option... double tap the ST-16 screen.

Be very careful with that... regularly double click again to check pilot info, particularly battery levels.

Yes. I set an alert I my watch for 12 minutes once I get up as insurance. Gives me enough time to pay attention and get somewhere safe.

Yes. I set an alert I my watch for 12 minutes once I get up as insurance. Gives me enough time to pay attention and get somewhere safe.
Risky. Just my opinion but I would never determine my perceived battery level on time alone. I agree that in most normal conditions 12 minutes is reasonable...but not foolproof. There are other factors to consider that may impact on time in the air: Wind; aggressiveness of the flight; temperature, faulty battery, etc. It is entirely possible in some cases that after 12 minutes your battery could enter a critical state...or worse.

An example. A few weeks ago I was conducting a hobby flight at the Ribblehead Viaduct in North Yorkshire, England. After only a few minutes into the third battery of the day with battery power at about 15.0v the battery suffered a sudden drop in voltage which triggered the first low level warning before it recovered again just as quickly. Landed safely at 14.8v. I've since then done a full investigation into why that happened and that battery is now under review for possible disposal. The point is, though, that I had no warning and had every reason to think that the battery was in good condition. You just can't count on time elapsed in the air to determine battery reserves.

I'm going to guess nothing will get your attention faster than the image of that big azz battery warning in the Skyview. :eek:

Reactions: FlushVision
I’ll toss in the compass warning pop up as another sphincter tightening moment for those that have experienced the worst afterwards. Those that monitor their voltage and land as the level dictates will never encounter a battery warning:)

...<snip>... Those that monitor their voltage and land as the level dictates will never encounter a battery warning:)
Not entirely true but I do agree with what you say and get your meaning.

As I eluded to in my earlier post, In a stable hover at about 60 feet I encountered a low level warning after a sudden voltage drop from about 15.0v down to 14.3v which took place in the blink of an eye. I always take particular attention to my voltage levels and always aim to be on the ground by 14.5v. Consequently haven't seen a low level warning since my very early days of flying the H except for this incident the other week. I defy anyone not to have encountered a low level warning in that situation no matter how closely they monitor the battery's power level.

Fortunately, my power level bounced back up to 15.0v just as quickly and I was landed at 14.8v so no harm done...but it was one of those sphincter tightening moments nonetheless. Incidentally, the power level in that battery came back to 15.3v shortly after powering down and having done some investigations can find nothing wrong with the battery. But I've lost confidence in that battery so I'll only use it now for the almanac updating and other pre-flight stuff.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430