Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Circle and Orbit Me question

Reaction score
First off, I'm relatively new to the "H". That said, I've been reading the full manual and was wondering if "Smart Circle" and "Orbit Me" are the same thing?
The manual mentions "Smart Circle" on page 8 after "Follow Me" and "Watch Me".
I could not find a button on the ST-16 to enter "Smart Circle" either.
I did find an "Orbit Me" button under the 'Task/Camera" button (also on page 12) and it's directions sound exactly the same as "Smart Circle". Thanks.

Smart circle is the "smart" mode of flying where the right stick basically controls the craft in a circle around you. I say "smart" mode because most everyone recommends against using it compared to angle mode, because angle mode will function exactly the same if and when you lose GPS, where learning to fly in smart mode means the controls change when if/when you lose GPS.

Orbit me is a task that you can run from angle mode. Effectively, yes, they will do the same thing (though in smart mode you'll have to hold the stick sideways to maintain movement, its automated in orbit me). Having the take available is nice because I've got smart mode disabled on my controller, like a few others here.

I'm not a huge fan of either because the yaw can be kinda jumpy (maybe its just my craft) I much prefer flying circles by hand and then editing to the smoothest flying.

First off, I'm relatively new to the "H". That said, I've been reading the full manual and was wondering if "Smart Circle" and "Orbit Me" are the same thing?
The manual mentions "Smart Circle" on page 8 after "Follow Me" and "Watch Me".
I could not find a button on the ST-16 to enter "Smart Circle" either.
I did find an "Orbit Me" button under the 'Task/Camera" button (also on page 12) and it's directions sound exactly the same as "Smart Circle". Thanks.

The term "Smart circle" refers to a safety radius around you. It is a barrier where the H stop and wont fly any closer to you.

This "Smart circle" (or safety circle, or safe radius, or however you chose to call) only works when you are flying on "Smart Mode" (hence the name). It basically prevents that you fly the aircraft into yourself.

Note: this safety feature is not present when flying on "Angle mode".

In addition, Smart mode has distance limits. I think the default limit is 300' or about 100 m. That distance can be set by connecting the H to the GUI.

In addition, Smart mode has distance limits. I think the default limit is 300' or about 100 m. That distance can be set by connecting the H to the GUI.

Yes, although the outer limit is called Geo-fence.

Smart circle = how close the H can get to you
Geo-fence = how far the H can fly from you
Orbit me = automated flight function, where the aircraft revolves around you

smart_area.jpg

When taking off in Smart mode the pilot best stands away from the H, so the H is outside the smart circle is (about 8 mtrs), to prevent the H flying away from the pilot while taking off.
Seems this has occurred a few times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss