Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smooth Camera Pans: Best with controller or just the phone app?

Reaction score
Noob pilot here, working with both the controller and just the phone app. When using the sticks, it seems my left/right turns result in jerky increments, making my videos pretty choppy. While it's been bad weather here, I've not been able to fly and see if using just my phone app will result in smoother pan shots. Or am I just too clumsy on the sticks as a beginner? Any consensus? Sticks or Breeze App alone? Thanks.

BTW: I do have a pretty nice 6-axis video stabilizer program I use on PC after downloading my videos from the Breeze. It's from Muvee, aptly named "Video Stabilizer" and works well, is cheap, and claims zero loss of photo quality.

With the Breeze, yaw speed is always a little out even much too fast. Personally, I find it easier to get really slow yawing for pans with the phone app then with the controller, although flying with the controller is smoother for everything else.
Some people recommend using orbits for panning. Set a very low maximal travel speed - below 2 m/s - and start an orbit with a radius of 10m or so.

Reactions: bkthedj
With the Breeze, yaw speed is always a little out even much too fast. Personally, I find it easier to get really slow yawing for pans with the phone app then with the controller, although flying with the controller is smoother for everything else.
Some people recommend using orbits for panning. Set a very low maximal travel speed - below 2 m/s - and start an orbit with a radius of 10m or so.

Thanks for your helpful info! I'll be making a comparison of controller vs phone app, and while at it, trying to improve my flying skills. That will likely be the biggest help toward smoother pans. Thanks again.

That's a great tip R2. I have the same problem trying to get smooth pans, especially at high altitudes with wind that forces the breeze to tilt more to position. I'll try the orbit to loop a target.

Thx.

Reactions: robbie2
That's a great tip R2. I have the same problem trying to get smooth pans, especially at high altitudes with wind that forces the breeze to tilt more to position. I'll try the orbit to loop a target.

Thx.
wasn't my idea, but something I learnt on this forum [emoji6]

So does this mean you can switch back and forth between controller mode and orbit, journey, etc and then back to controller mode all while in flight ?

I believe that means that many of the flight modes must be controlled via the phone. You can bounce from 'Controller' managed flight (ie. the game controller) to a 'phone' managed flight (orbit, journey, etc.) by just returning to the menu and selecting the other mode, all while the breeze is in flight - preferably not heading towards a tree.

Reactions: Wingman8209

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop