Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Snapped Q500 4K antenna

Reaction score
F036CB9A-776B-4632-9D5E-50310546221D.jpeg Had a bit of a disaster during the week had a leg fall off my drone.Amusing to say the least when landing, no so amusing to find dipole antenna snapped.
Now managed to carefully take drone apart and pry damaged one off receiver board.
Now do I need to go through Yuneec for replacement or are these easy to buy.Noticed the board has 2 take it I need both.
Cheers for any help in advance

3F416EFC-3A6B-4AE5-9249-DE9BB67CA679.jpeg As I live in UK I have found similar tails but they are listed as 10cm in length.The damaged antenna measured nearly 20cm from end to end .So wasn’t sure if I could use shorter ones.

Another option is to use a 2,4GHz WLAN antenna from an old Laptop. It is usually in the monitor and then long enough.
Important is only that the two antennas are in 90° angle to each other. Then the minimum power of the one is the maximum of the other. The receiver combines it and take the best signal. That's why the Q500 has one horizontal in the body and one vertical in the leg.

If you follow this rule, you can try also the shorter one.

Avoid to use only one antenna because the receiver is also a transmitter for telemetry. No good idea for transmitter chip to have an open connector.

be HE

Many thanks for your help.I have seen on various videos on YouTube that the antenna’s are meant to be a specific length depending on the frequency which is 2.4 GHz.Going on this theory the pair that are fitted are too long.Im pondering over buying 2 of the correct length and fitting them.Last thing I want though is to loose the standard range

Steve
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of this mod. If I mounted 2 at 90 degrees to each other to replace both do you think this would increase range.Searched the forum and most mention a further mod to the radio controller as well
Yes, mounting the external antennas on the Q should increase the signal for control and telemetry. Since the video antenna is inside the camera it will remain the same. That is the reason many people modify the ST10 with an external antenna. It increases the video signal, and therefore, the usuable distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline