Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So exactly on what H model or year did ST16 go from 2 antennas to 3 antennas ?

Reaction score
as well as how much more distance is the 3 antenna model compared to older? 2 antenna model st16 ?

also are the older st16 able to use and load the latest fw ?

the dual 2.4ghz wifi antennas has to help distance i would think, I use a dual antenna wifi adapter and it does seem to help a lot for stronger signal.

thx

MOD EDIT: moving to Typhoon H discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think there is a huge difference. The electronics of both transmitters are identical. The only difference is that the two antenna version has another internal antenna while the three antenna version has an external one.

I am using both versions and I cannot tell any difference other than the outside appereance.

You can modify the two antenna version in order to get a wholesome three antenna version. Just drill a third hole in the case and replace the internal Antenna with an adapter like this: Only as an example! Then you can screw on an external antenna and that was it.

In the past the ordinary Typhoon H was delivered with the two antenna version while the pro was delivered with the three antenna one. Since about two years they do only deliver the three antenna version.

Reactions: PatR
jannislh is right about the fact that ALL St-16's have three antennas (albeit some with the third internally) and for the most part do not seem to be directly related to better reception or more distance. As to which models got them? I believe they first showed up on the 'pro' model which was sold with RS, Wand, Extra Battery and case but soon after Yuneec brought out a third bundle which included a standard H with Wizard, Extra Battery and case and it too received the three antenna ST16. I purchased mine in February of 17 and by then; those bundled as mentioned all came with the three antennae ST16

No, the ST-16S is the controller for the Plus. The OP was inquiring about the ST-16 (2 external antenna model) and the ST-16+ (3 external antenna model)

Call it H and H Pro. The H Pro had a 3 external ST-16 from day one. The standard H, often sold in what they called a “color box”, started out with a two external, one internal antenna ST-16. Internal components for both ST-16’s were and are the same with the exception of where the third antenna is located. Functionally you’d be hard pressed to experience any performance differences if both units were in stock configuration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech