Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So where is it?

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
We are now in the last third of December and no product yet to be seen. This seems to be an area where Yuneec can claim consistent success; failure to meet release date projections.

Last edited:
We are now in the last third of December and no product yet to be seen. This seems to be an area where Yuneec can claim consistent success; failure to meet release date projections.

Same (or even worse) for the H520RTK, which was announced in March 2019, and now is pushed back to somewhere in the first semester of 2020. Studiosport in France now states mid-January for the H3...
Meanwhile I also questioned Yuneec Europe by mail, but I'm still waiting for any reaction...

A few days ago a pilot in a thread has one, don't know if he was a tester or a buyer from a store.

LinsonW is associated with Yuneec.

Linson,
With all due respect, ya’ll really need to get with the program: when you set a date you need to make that date. If you repeatedly fail to execute on time, what is going to cause your customers, existing and potential, to believe you folks have made any improvements in your business practices? Perhaps of more importance, what is going to cause them to think you folks have been paying attention to customer demands for product performance improvements?

If you repeatedly fail with release date accuracy as exhibited with the H-480, H-520, H Plus, C-23 for H-480, racing and winged drones, and now H-3, you are damaging your credibility and customer confidence.

To paraphrase Albert Einstein, where doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity, customers allowing a manufacturer to make the same mistake over and over again sort of suggests the customers have a problem.

Last edited:
LinsonW is associated with Yuneec.

Linson,
With all due respect, ya’ll really need to get with the program: when you set a date you need to make that date. If you repeatedly fail to execute on time, what is going to cause your customers, existing and potential, to believe you folks have made any improvements in your business practices? Perhaps if more importance, what is going to cause them to think you folks have been paying attention to customer demands for product performance improvements?

If you repeatedly fail with release date accuracy as exhibited with the H-480, H-520, H Plus, C-23 for H-480, racing and winged drones, and now H-3, you are damaging your credibility and customer confidence.
The damage has already been done. Their credibility went out the window a long time ago. I don't see them being around in the foreseeable future unless they can pull a rabbit out of a hat

Missing this Christmas season was a massive error in judgement. The Christmas season is the period where many businesses generate 60%-75% of their annual revenue. Where Yuneec could have seen daily unit sales volume in the triple digits, by missing a late November-early December release they’ve reduced potential unit sales dramatically. I’m actually saddened to see this happen.

Great plans are often offset by poor execution.

Missing this Christmas season was a massive error in judgement. The Christmas season is the period where many businesses generate 60%-75% of their annual revenue. Where Yuneec could have seen daily unit sales volume in the triple digits, by missing a late November-early December release they’ve reduced potential unit sales dramatically. I’m actually saddened to see this happen.

Great plans are often offset by poor execution.

Saddened is a good way of putting it.

I want to see Yuneec succeed and grow, just like I am hopeful other enterprises come in to the game and provide more options, innovations, et al.

There is room, if one believes the forecasts of just a few years ago. Putting innovation and capabilities in the market, that are actually beneficial and useful, as well as profitable enough to fund continuing development, seems to be the challenge.

I do not “hear” too much in the innovation front from the market leader, so that tells me there is still market share to be had. We just need reliable players to step in and make it happen.

Jeff

Quite possibly so. If it does...

The problem with that-for Yuneec- is the moment people see a new Evo with a 1” sensor, an unrestricted platform with flight plan capability, a good many that might have been waiting on the H3 will tire of the wait and buy the Evo, removing them from the cadre of potential H3 buyers. You can’t stand by and allow your market to shrink through your own failures and expect to be successful.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the Ghost of Drones Future to prove to me that the H3 is not a humbug... ?

• Haha
Reactions: aedronix
CES is coming up again in a few weeks. I would be surprised to see Yuneec even attend, but if they did it would be no surprise to see them announce the H3, with a new release date projected for end of the first quarter. It fits their pattern, as does announcing a few other new models and payloads that will never materialize.

The funny thing about all that is it is what they have consistently done. Even more amusing is the number of people that believe what they say to be true. The pattern might as well be set in stone.

CES is coming up again in a few weeks. I would be surprised to see Yuneec even attend, but if they did it would be no surprise to see them announce the H3, with a new release date projected for end of the first quarter. It fits their pattern, as does announcing a few other new models and payloads that will never materialize.

The funny thing about all that is it is what they have consistently done. Even more amusing is the number of people that believe what they say to be true. The pattern might as well be set in stone.

They can sit on the same bench with Autel LOL
Autel will only have a presence at CES to make the expected announcement and no booth.

Those shows are really expensive to book booth space at. On top of the space fee you have travel and lodging expenses, printed material hand out advertising costs, video advertising expenses, and display shipping fees. Add labor fees for set up and tear down, along with manning the booth. Spending $30-$50k for a two or three day show is totally conceivable.

If your sales volume hasn’t been high enough to generate a sufficient advertising budget you cut trade show attendance from your advertising plans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece