Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions about 4Hawks SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like some information about 4Hawks.

Notice that the distance test was performed on the sea with the only purpose of being sure that the assembly was correct.

I have already removed the washers from the ST16s connectors.

Now the questions:

1) Is it normal that at a distance of 2km first disconnect the 2.4Ghz and 5.8 instead remains connected and fluid and trigger RTH ? With the last firmware the control of the aircraft should use the 5.8Ghz if the 2.4Ghz is lost.

2) 2km away at a height of 60m above the sea is an acceptable result for this setup?

thanks in advance ...

Isn't it beyond VLOS? Local conditions, interference, incorrectly seated leads on 4hawks. Some of got further, but it's not a legal flight in most countries.

At 2Km distance, you can see the aircraft with your eyes? You must have amazing vision. The furthest I've flown my TH+ and H Pro is around 2500'....maybe 1/2 mile away, and it was a tiny little dot I could barely see, and lose very easily. Any further away and I would not be able to see it.

That's just me though.....I'm not saying my visual acuity is the best.....

Reactions: Phaedrus
Fred, thank you for your funny :) opinion but technically it is not very useful ... I do not understand how you verify if your set up is proper assembled, if you do not make a distance test in a safe place.

I have specified in the first message:
"Notice that the distance test was performed on the sea with the only purpose of being sure that the assembly was correct. "

Sorry I do not understand your response.
It's not a legal flight, there's enough bad press, the 4hawks easily operates within a legal distance, your 4hawks may be correctly fitted, and interference or local conditions prevent.you from flying further and maintaining control and FPV. I'd be happy with that distance personally, but wouldn't advertise it on the web.

What Fred and Mrgs1 are saying in a round about way is: flying Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS) or at a distance where you can't possibly see the aircraft at all times with the naked eye is . . . Illegal in just about every country.

Edit>just got in right after Mrgs1 ;)

Reactions: jeorghe
It's not a legal flight, there's enough bad press, the 4hawks easily operates within a legal distance, your 4hawks may be correctly fitted, and interference or local conditions prevent.you from flying further and maintaining control and FPV. I'd be happy with that distance personally, but wouldn't advertise it on the web.
Thanks for this response .

What Fred and Mrgs1 are saying in a round about way is: flying Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS) or at a distance where you can't possibly see the aircraft at all times with the naked eye is . . . Illegal in just about every country.

Edit>just got in right after Mrgs1 ;)
I agree but from you no thecnical advices about my questions ... only advice about rules ... mah!

I agree but from you no thecnical advices about my questions ... only advice about rules ... mah!
What more advice, you've flown to the limitations of your setup. The Typhoon isn't a long distance machine, if you want more then another manufacturer is probably your next avenue.

2 KM is more than acceptable for your installation. As the video carrier is WiFi you have no idea of what your drone is seeing relative to its actual position due to time lag. WiFi is not a “long range” carrier. In fact, the”normal” LOS range is pushing the limit of a WiFi carrier without a signal boost.

As large bodies of water tend to scatter higher frequency radio signals, obtaining 2 KM with a Yuneec system is acceptable. Bear in mind that 5.8 provides less range than 2.4, so loss of 2.4 could leave you with nothing at all. If you want more consider adding an amplifier and tracking antenna.

The reason you’re getting the answers you are is because this forum is rather intolerant of illegal flying, and any question that involves breaking the rules isn’t usually answered with anything that helps you. Other forums take a more, “Wink Wink, Nod” approach to it and the discussions are much more tolerated......sometimes even encouraged I think.

I’ve found that this forum has an extremely high concentration of responsible, experienced and professional aviators, and recreational pilots with decades of experience. In my best southern drawl: “Round here, we follow the rules”.

Reactions: jeorghe
2 KM is more than acceptable for your installation. As the video carrier is WiFi you have no idea of what your drone is seeing relative to its actual position due to time lag. WiFi is not a “long range” carrier. In fact, the”normal” LOS range is pushing the limit of a WiFi carrier without a signal boost.

As large bodies of water tend to scatter higher frequency radio signals, obtaining 2 KM with a Yuneec system is acceptable. Bear in mind that 5.8 provides less range than 2.4, so loss of 2.4 could leave you with nothing at all. If you want more consider adding an amplifier and tracking antenna.

Thanks PatR finally a useful response to some technical questions.
I do not need to make a long distance record , my idea was only to test my setup to have a better relability in shorter distances.

FYI, improved 2.4 reliability/range over water is obtained with altitude. Over land where obstructions are present requires more power, but if the obstruction is solid all the power in the world won’t be enough. It’s a wave length thing. Both 2.4 and 5.8 require a clear path.

To many here your question is a bit like asking if it is normal for your car to top out at 120 mph when you live in a place where the speed limit is 60mph. Since VLOS is the limit how far you can go beyond that is irrelevant.

And just for grins I'll point out that if you are in the US using the 4Hawks antenna is a violation of FCC regulations. Part 15.203 specifically prohibits using any antenna other than one identical to the one used at the time the Part 15 device was certified with.

Almost no chance of getting caught, but worth knowing in any case.

The way I figured it, a bunch of other people handled the legal side of things fairly succinctly, so somewhat addressing the technical side was in order.

As the word selection and syntax used suggested the OP may not be in the U.S., such info hurt nothing. Even being a U.S resident, the OP will establish their own destiny, regardless of how many times they are shown a different path. Kind of like the child asking about sex. You can repeatedly avoid answering, in which case the child finds a more informative source. Or you can answer informatively and keep the child coming back for more info that you can control.

Reactions: Phaedrus
To many here your question is a bit like asking if it is normal for your car to top out at 120 mph when you live in a place where the speed limit is 60mph. Since VLOS is the limit how far you can go beyond that is irrelevant.

And just for grins I'll point out that if you are in the US using the 4Hawks antenna is a violation of FCC regulations. Part 15.203 specifically prohibits using any antenna other than one identical to the one used at the time the Part 15 device was certified with.

Almost no chance of getting caught, but worth knowing in any case.
You have to many time to waste.

The way I figured it, a bunch of other people handled the legal side of things fairly succinctly, so somewhat addressing the technical side was in order.

As the word selection and syntax used suggested the OP may not be in the U.S., such info hurt nothing. Even being a U.S resident, the OP will establish their own destiny, regardless of how many times they are shown a different path. Kind of like the child asking about sex. You can repeatedly avoid answering, in which case the child finds a more informative source. Or you can answer informatively and keep the child coming back for more info that you can control.
Are you a child ?

Admin ... delete my account from this forum please ... here there no added value .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1