Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Something weird happen today with my H

Reaction score
Have not flown the H in about a month, took it up about 200ft took a rew videos and pictures, brought it back down to about 20ft and took a few more pictures, ready to land and the H would not respond to the lefr stick imput to land.. i pull down on stick and it would come down very very slowly, center the left stick and it would drift back up, i held down on left stick until could grab it out of the air...forgot to mention, while it was sitting it did take the down gear input, i was too scared to give a right stick input...what did i do wrong?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Check the left stick by going to H/W Monitor area. I am very confident there is a system bug which causes issues to ST16 Calibration. My controller was replaced and the new one starts to behave the similar way as well on the left stick

Have not flown the H in about a month, took it up about 200ft took a rew videos and pictures, brought it back down to about 20ft and took a few more pictures, ready to land and the H would not respond to the lefr stick imput to land.. i pull down on stick and it would come down very very slowly, center the left stick and it would drift back up, i held down on left stick until could grab it out of the air...forgot to mention, while it was sitting it did take the down gear input, i was too scared to give a right stick input...what did i do wrong?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Generally the first thing to do when you see erratic flight behavior is recalibrate everything. After you reboot watch the altitude readout. If it moves around a great deal or starts a steady change, then reboot the H again. The altimeter resets to zero each time the H boots up. Sometimes the temp is changing inside the bird which in turn affects the altimeter. And, as @netjam points out, check the sticks in the hardware monitor.

This happened to me today after rolling back auto pilot to 1,29 and NFZ disabled. :(

With the gear up, this is very typical - actual the norm - for me. I find that I have to put gear down to descend below 20' or so. When I take off and put the gear up then cruise around 10'-50' altitude as is my norm, I cannot descend with gear up. I have found that if I ascend to 100' or so, it will come down very slowly with gear up. It has been this way since the September updates.

Reactions: Steve Carr
With the gear up, this is very typical - actual the norm - for me. I find that I have to put gear down to descend below 20' or so. When I take off and put the gear up then cruise around 10'-50' altitude as is my norm, I cannot descend with gear up. I have found that if I ascend to 100' or so, it will come down very slowly with gear up. It has been this way since the September updates.
Good catch. I totally missed that.

If you have the RealSense H, the IPS will not let you descend lower than 6' to 12' or so with legs up.

Resolved my loss of stick control and erratic flight. I reinstalled latest updates again. I rolled back autopilot 1.30 to 1.29 that caused all my issues. I'm back to 1.30 and all is good again. I just can't fly above 400ft in case of emergency etc. Yuneec tech does not recommend rolling back to v1.29. They are working on another update to return this feature soon. They understand some of us live at elevations where modifying the limit is necessary. Fly Safe

If you have the RealSense H, the IPS will not let you descend lower than 6' to 12' or so with legs up.

I performed a RealSense test this past weekend (Smart Mode enabled), and it let me drop the H around 2 feet off of the ground with the legs up.. I posted my video in the Photos and Videos forum..

I performed a RealSense test this past weekend (Smart Mode enabled), and it let me drop the H around 2 feet off of the ground with the legs up.. I posted my video in the Photos and Videos forum..

Here is some interesting information from Yuneec owners manual v1.2 concerning IPS:
------
INDOOR POSITIONING SYSTEM
In Angle Mode, the TYPHOON H will automatically activate the IPS or not. When GPS can't be locked, if the flight control activate the IPS, the Main LED indicator of the aircraft will be solid purple, and the GPS will display being searching on the Remote control, which indicates IPS is activated automatically. At the same time, the aircraft can't be switched to Smart Mode, Home Mode, Task Mode and OBS AVOID, ONLY remain in Angle Mode even if switching the mode switch. When using IPS to lock the position of the aircraft, TYPHOON H can also hover at its current altitude automatically. The IPS is most suitable for indoor flight or without GPS locked. NOTICE: When flying in door with IPS activated, the pilot should be cautious and not to fly too fast. NOTICE: When using IPS without GPS locked, make sure that the indoor illumination is sufficient. The IPS may not be able to position when the aircraft is flying over highly reflective surfaces or over highly repeated surface texture (such as the same color).
---------
This points out some issues I was not aware of:
1) GPS must be on for IPS to be available. IPS activates with no GPS lock.
2) The only mode IPS is available is Angle Mode.
3) A GPS lock is required for Smart Mode, Home Mode (RTH), all Task modes and OBS Avoid. Regardless of switch positions only Angle Mode is available when GPS lock cannot be obtained.

Here is the link to download the manual v1.2 (includes realsense versions):
http://download.yuneec.com/manuals/manual/Typhoon+H/Typhoon+H+Manuals+(EN,+ES,+FR,+IT).zip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt