Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sooo many problems!

Reaction score
I have had Yuneek's Typhoons for about 5+ years, just bought my 4th one, used it out at the park, took it out on a shoot, and nothing!!! I was near a military installation not sure if that had any effect... ( after I could not get it to connect with Wi-Fi even the camera quit) so now I have it working but now I'm getting a warning to land ( I'm testing without props, but the motors are all running fine tho it says it's in 5 motor mode (crash).... Only saw that once before when a prop disintegrated mid-flight and the unit took off for the highway nearby, fortunately, that time it hit a tree! Any thoughts? I might add that testing with out props I'm told by Yuneek is ok...

If you can test without props for more than just a few seconds you must be using a Typhoon H and not the H Plus. You get the 5 rotor mode warning because you add throttle and there is no corresponding change in the barometer and accelerometers. If you leave them at idle after arming them you won’t get the warning.

You get the 5 rotor mode warning because you add throttle and there is no corresponding change in the barometer and accelerometers.
Are you sure about that? I would expect the electronics to check for the acceleration of the motors. If the inertia seems too low it indicates a broken propeller and therefore 5 rotor mode is activated. But nevertheless you are correct in terms of this being an entirely normal behavior for a Typhoon H.

It is very likely to encounter problems near a military installation. Either due to geofencing or active jamming.

Only saw that once before when a prop disintegrated mid-flight
Have you been using OEM props when that happened? I tried faked ones and I will never do it again. They are absolute junk. Had two incidents where they broke apart mid flight. The first
incident required an emergency landing but the second one resulted in a crash. They were very poorly balanced and I sorted out quiet a few of them before using them even once since they were far beyond everything I would consider reasonable to be balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval