Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sooooo about the Q500 Drone

Reaction score
I know i will get flack for this but i use a DJI Mavic pro for my business of drone photography & Videography and im retiring my phantom 3 advance not because its old but because it was my first drone ever buying and I want to have it as a model for business purpose.

I was thinking of using a Q500 but can it do a good job in drone footage pictures and videos (i know thats what editing is for but can it compete with a mavic at least or no.

One feature i love is the steady grip (even though i got something similar for my mavic) it be nice to have something smaller and easier.

Keep in mind the Q500 is older technology. It was first released late in 2014. The 4K camera was released about a year later. The whole setup probably runs about $550 which is considerably less than the Mavic. The CGO3 has an incredible gimbal and the camera does a nice job with video. The challenge for new users is learning how to set it up. It doesn't save the settings so each time you turn it on you have to spend about a minute making your settings for the conditions at that time. For photos, if you are good at editing dng files, the results are very good.

The Q500 is a very stable camera platform. Smooth flyer. It's not fast and doesn't have a long range for video feed but still great for video. The video below (not mine) was shot with the Q but only rendered at 1080p. It does demonstrate how it can fly smoothly.

I am looking for something cheaper then mavic but equaly good for jobs on the go if I need backup

I am looking for something cheaper then mavic but equaly good for jobs on the go if I need backup
I have a Mavic Pro, a Q500 4k, and a Typhoon H. I use all for professional work. The best thing about the Q500 is the controller. There are more control options on the q500 than the Mavic and the screen is great. Watch some of the videos on Youtube about the q500. For the price and quality, it can't be beaten.

Reactions: Tree Top

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace