Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St-12 Won't bind to CGO-3

Reaction score
While in flight I lost connection to the camera last time I flew. The Camera was then never able to connect again. It Just says Video Wifi Connecting... I factory reset the ST12 and tried to re-bind, but no camera shows up. I am able to bind to the drone but not the camera. I can connect to my phone on the app using the steady grip so it looks to be a controller issue? There is no wifi light illuminated on the ST12

It appears you've done everything you can do to isolate the problem. It could be the RF (wifi) board in the controller or the antenna. The coax has been known to come off the board inside the controller but it's rare. You can open it up and inspect the cables.

You could also replace it with an ST10+ for $90 or less. Search eBay for Yuneec ST10 and there are many for sale including new ones.

Last edited:
You mentioned "There is no wifi light illuminated on the ST12". The blue light above the on/off switch should be flashing even if the 5.8GHz video antenna is disconnected from the underside of the video WiFi board, both 2.4 GHz antennas are disconnected from the FC WiFi board (not related anyway), GPS antenna is disconnected (also not related) and there is no camera anywhere around.
Other than unplugging / reconnecting all the connectors and maybe actually refreshing the firmware, there isn't much you can do without buying another controller and swapping out parts.

As @Steve Carr said, replacing the entire unit with an ST10+ is an easy fix.

Last edited:
Look in secret menu.. Mayby it will help 5 times on second above,, in firmware notice etcc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval