Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St 16 don't accept nothing

Reaction score
Hi friends.
I have a problem, my st16 don't accept nothing, I can't install any program in the st16, playstore says you can not install the applications. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hi friends.
I have a problem, my st16 don't accept nothing, I can't install any program in the st16, playstore says you can not install the applications. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

See this post:

ST-16 and "Playstore"

Bottom Line... it's not supposed to "do" anything... attempting to install Playstore on the ST-16 puts your Typhoon H at risk... and potentially any individual in the immediate vicinity, if there is a failure with the communication between controller and aircraft.

Yes, some people mistakenly get the impression they can just use that controller like it's a regular tablet, but that is very much not the case.

The main reason I would not put any apps on my new ST16 controller (Just got my first H) is what if, while you are flying, one of these app decides to take control and update itself. It could disconnect itself from your H causing loss of control. It's simply not worth the risk to other people, your bird, or anything else.

Perhaps someone can confirm, a factory reset might help, or a reinstall?

As tempting as it is to use your Ground Station as a tablet, it is a very bad idea. Never forget it is programmed and intended to be a ground station to control your aircraft. It should ONLY be used for that purpose. That's why they make smart phones tablets and iPads. Leave the apps and web surfing to those devices, they don't control your aircraft.

Last edited:
Hi friends.

Thanks a lot

One valuable software you _can_ put on the ST16 is UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16. It lets you edit CCC - Cable Cam missions with a GUI on the ST16, then fly them repeatedly. UAVToolBox doesn't install from the Play Store, works fine for me...

As tempting as it is to use your Ground Station as a tablet, it is a very bad idea. Never forget it is programmed and intended to be a ground station to control your aircraft. It should ONLY be used for that purpose. That's why they make smart phones tablets and iPads. Leave the apps and web surfing to those devices, they don't control your aircraft.

Not to compare apples to oranges, but that is why one of the first troubleshooting steps Yuneec CS uses on the Breeze and Mantis Q is to place the phone in Airplane Mode to cut the cord with the cellular network effectively killing apps trying to update or contact home. Both of those aircraft are controlled over 5.8 GHz WiFi.

Give me a dedicated ground controller anytime over a smart phone.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal