Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St-16 groound station camera button problems

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or not. And if you are what are the ways to correct it.
I was flying the other day helping a friend inspect his roof for hail damage, (there was a decent wind blowing, around 10mph). I had to repeatedly press my camera button to take any photos. I didnt know if it was because the wind was slightly moving the H around as it was hovering or if I have another problem. It was same with video. Anyone else experience this??

What were your camera mode settings?

Were you set to video mode and taking photos? This will cause a delay as the camera has to switch modes to photo and then back to video. It will also reduce the photo to the resolution of a single frame of the video mode you are shooting in (1920x1080 for HD, and 3840x2160 for UHD). In photo mode it will be 12.4 MP in a 4x3 format.

Make sure you just give a short press of the button. A long press will not work.

Reactions: PatR
Be VERY careful flying at a car show. A scratch in a paint job can set you back over $10k and the people in attendance will cut you no slack for maintaining separation between them and your aircraft.

After shooting several of them I came to the conclusion there’s no possibility of minimizing the risks involved.

Were you set to video mode and taking photos? This will cause a delay as the camera has to switch modes to photo and then back to video. It will also reduce the photo to the resolution of a single frame of the video mode you are shooting in (1920x1080 for HD, and 3840x2160 for UHD). In photo mode it will be 12.4 MP in a 4x3 format.

Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or not. And if you are what are the ways to correct it.
I was flying the other day helping a friend inspect his roof for hail damage, (there was a decent wind blowing, around 10mph). I had to repeatedly press my camera button to take any photos. I didnt know if it was because the wind was slightly moving the H around as it was hovering or if I have another problem. It was same with video. Anyone else experience this??
Does it say the camera action has completed after you taken picture? If you press rapidly the camera button, the shutter noise will sound only when each frame is captured.

Im pretty sure you can't do that with EU firmware versions, you have to stop video to take pictures.

Be VERY careful flying at a car show. A scratch in a paint job can set you back over $10k and the people in attendance will cut you no slack for maintaining separation between them and your aircraft.

After shooting several of them I came to the conclusion there’s no possibility of minimizing the risks involved.
I appreciate the advice. Right now wind is the big factor for me. Its not looking good. The show is in a really open place and I was going to get my pics in before the start so the crowd shouldnt be a big deal. But I am aware of how people are. Especially when the drone comes out.

Does it say the camera action has completed after you taken picture? If you press rapidly the camera button, the shutter noise will sound only when each frame is captured.
Yes, it makes the shutter sound and takes the pic, but only after I press the button over and over again. Maybe Im just trying to take them too fast. IDK.

If you could share your camera settings it may help us provide some more suggestions.

Last edited:
The camera is not responsive like a DSLR or point & shoot....not even your phone really. Be patient. Click the button just like you do a camera, but then wait. It can take a couple seconds for it to snap the shutter, make the sound and write to the SD card, before it's ready again.

Reactions: WernerJB
You certainly can't "Machine gun" the Typhoon shutter.

Nope. Nor can you hold it down for an extended slow press and hold. Press and release, wait for the shutter sound before pressing again. The shutter sound indicates the process of capturing s still is complete and the camera ready to take another.

Burst, Select the burst number (3,5or 7) for the number of photos per second you want,
then tap OK. Press the Photo button to take Burst photos.

Page 40 of H manual

Im pretty sure you can't do that with EU firmware versions, you have to stop video to take pictures.

I am just referring to the main camera mode setting on the right side of the ST-16. If it is set to video and you press the button to take a photo the camera has to switch modes, but will only take the photo in the frame size of the video mode setting.

I believe you are correct that a photo cannot be taken while a video is in the process of recording.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430