Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 not binding after using wizard for first time

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Very new pilot here, so please bear with me if I'm asking a pretty obvious question...

Used just the wizard for flying for the first time yesterday. Had no issues other than noticing drifting and altitude loss, so I was going to recalibrate the Typhoon today. When I turned on the ST-16 and then the UAV, the LED was continuously flashing blue indicating that it wasn't connected to the controller, but for whatever reason the controller still connected to the camera and nothing else.

I assumed that because I used the wizard yesterday, that the connection was lost to the ST-16 and that I would just simply need to reconnect it. However when I tried to rebind the UAV it did not enter into bind mode when I was tilting backing multiple times at the 45 degree tilt.

Am I missing another step here? Or has anyone experienced something similar? Is this something that I can expect that I will have to do every time I switch between using the ST-16 and wizard?

Any sort of insight into this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

did not enter into bind mode when I was tilting backing multiple times at the 45 degree tilt.
Are you tilting it Forward to 45 degrees. Tilting it backwards may not work.
The aircraft remembers the last controller it was bound to, so any change requires rebinding, but that is usually pretty fast.

Are you tilting it Forward to 45 degrees. Tilting it backwards may not work.
The aircraft remembers the last controller it was bound to, so any change requires rebinding, but that is usually pretty fast.

Sorry should've clarified there, I was tilting it forward at the 45 degrees. That's why I wasn't sure why it wasn't working because I double checked that I was following the correct steps for binding.

Hmm......it should go into binding mode with the orange flashing light. Does it show in the list on the ST16 after you hit refresh?
If not, then change the ST16 to team mode and then go back and refresh the binding screen again to see if the H is in the list.

Reactions: ccjacks66 and PatR
If your camera is connecting and you go into the camera settings menu, changing the binding mode from single to team,
(or visa versa) will automatically put the H into binding mode without tilting the craft.

Reactions: ccjacks66
If your camera is connecting and you go into the camera settings menu, changing the binding mode from single to team,
(or visa versa) will automatically put the H into binding mode without tilting the craft.
That did the trick! Nice to know it's a simple solution for the future. Thank you for the help!

Hmm......it should go into binding mode with the orange flashing light. Does it show in the list on the ST16 after you hit refresh?
If not, then change the ST16 to team mode and then go back and refresh the binding screen again to see if the H is in the list.
Switching modes did help, thank you!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt